Steven Lombardo is senior counsel in The Woodlands office of Kean Miller and practices in the oil and gas group.
Steven’s primary areas of practice include mineral title examination, due diligence, mineral receiverships, acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas assets, contract negotiation and other related transactional matters.
Steven began his legal career in the oil and gas industry by working as an independent landman where he gained valuable experience by building runsheets and drafting mineral ownership reports, negotiating leases, obtaining easements and drafting curative instruments. He has experience performing stand-up title examination throughout South Texas, and has represented his clients in courts throughout Texas in mineral and royalty receivership cases.
Prior to attending college and law school, Steven enlisted in the U.S. Navy and served on active duty for four years as firefighter (DC2 – E5) onboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Saratoga, the Destroyer Tender USS Puget Sound and the Amphibious Assault Ship USS Nassau, and then served in the U.S. Navy Selective Reserve for an additional four years before he was Honorably Discharged in 2001.
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- J.D. (2007)
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- B.A. (2004)
- Senior Counsel
- Kean Miller LLP
- Damage Controlman Second Class
- United States Navy
- United States Navy Selective Reserve 1997 – 2001; Honorably Discharged 2001
- Texas State Bar Association
- Activities: Oil, Gas and Energy Section; Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Activities: Energy Resources Section
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)
- North Houston Association of Professional Landmen (NHAPL)
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Steven M. Lombardo's Website Profile
- Kean Miller Website
- Texas Law Blog