Susan Cohen graduated from the University of California at Davis School of Law and she holds a Juris Doctor Degree from Martin Luther King, Jr. School of Law at the University of California at Davis.. She is located in Sacramento County. She also accepts cases in the San Francisco Bay Area. Her practice experience includes Family Law, including Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Spousal Support and Property Division. She accepts Domestic Violence, and Civil Harassment cases. She also practices in the area of Employment Law, including Discrimination on account of race, sex, sexual harassment, racial harassment, race discrimination, age discrimination, disability discrimination, religious discrimination, and wages and hours claims. She can help you seek accommodation of your religious beliefs in the workplace, or accommodation of your disability at work. She also handles workplace safety cases, including both Federal OSHA and CalOSHA Workplace Safety Violations. She holds received an M.A. Degree from Stanford University in Renaissance and Reformation History. She graduated Cum Laude with Honors in History from Brandeis University.
- University of California, Davis, School of Law
- J.D. (1984) | Law
- Stanford University
- M.A. (1970) | Renaissance and Reformation History, Early Modern European History.
- Honors: Honorary Woodrow Wilson Fellow, 1968' University Fellowships from Stanford, Aauw Fellowship
- Activities: Secretary, Graduate Students in History Association
- Brandeis University
- B.A. (1968) | History
- Honors: Cum Laude with Honors in History
- Activities: Student Newspaper -The Justice
- Sacramento County Bar Association Member
- Admitted to U.S. Tax Court
- Admitted in U.S. District Court for Northern California
- Admitted in U.S. District Court for Eastern California
- Honorary Woodrow Wilson Fellow
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation
- State Bar of California # 114775
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- - Current
- State Bar of California
- Free Consultation
First Half Hour of your Family Law Intake Interview is Free.
- Credit Cards Accepted
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover card.
- Contingent Fees
In Discrimination and some other employment law matters. Review of severance package and termination agreements is usually either on an hourly or Flat Fee Basis, depending on the facts of your case. Susan Cohen also accepts wages and hours matters, including unpaid wages, denial of Rest Breaks and Lunchbreaks, unpaid overtime and required higher overtime hourly rates. Family Law Court Rules usually prohibit contingent fees in Family Law cases and Criminal Defense cases.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Attorneys are generally not allowed to accept most Family Law cases on a contingent fee basis. But many employment discrimination and other employment cases can be accepted on a contingent fee basis.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Employment Law
- White Collar Crime
- Business Law
- Tax Law
- Criminal Law
- French: Spoken, Written