False information on your credit report stopping you from getting a loan? Settled a debt, but collectors are STILL calling you? Identity theft victim? I sue creditors and credit bureaus, including Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion, on behalf of consumers who are not able to get credit reporting errors corrected on their own. I also advise victims of identity theft and security breaches, and I sue debt collectors and creditors in cases of abuse, deception, harassment, and threats, including harassing phone calls.
Consumer litigation: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices, North Carolina Consumer Economic Protection Act, breach of contract claims with regard to debt settlement or credit reporting agreements, consumer torts of intrusion into seclusion and negligent and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Identity theft/breach of security litigation: North Carolina Identity Theft Protection Act, North Carolina Public Records Act, torts of conversion and negligent infliction of emotional distress, declaratory judgments and injunctive relief.
I wish I was able to help people all over North Carolina, but as a practical matter I am not able to do so. I accept only clients with cases in the following counties: Wake, Durham, Orange, Chatham, Alamance, Guilford, Randolph, Person, and Caswell.
- Duke University
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- Suzanne Begnoche, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- Staff Attorney
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Inc.
- North Carolina State Bar
- Women's Center, Legal Information Service
- N.C. Advocates for Justice High School Mock Trial Competition
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Activities: Consumer Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Activities: Bankruptcy Section
- Durham County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- North Carolina
- 4th Circuit
- Cherokee Court (Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians)
- Free Consultation
Free initial consultation via phone or in person.
- Contingent Fees
Some cases are eligible for contingent fees.
- Consumer Law