Free Consultation: (502) 586-6030Tap to Call This Lawyer
Taniesa Velez

Taniesa Velez

Velez Law, PLLC
  • Family Law, Estate Planning
  • Kentucky
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

As the founder and managing attorney, Taniesa brings a wealth of experience and a deep commitment to her clients. She has earned recognition as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a testament to her outstanding contributions in the legal field.

With a dedication to excellence, Taniesa is not only a top family law attorney but also a compassionate advocate for her clients. She's known for her unwavering support, dedication to safeguarding her clients' interests, and providing legal solutions that stand the test of time.

When you choose Velez Law, you're choosing Taniesa Velez and her team of professionals who are here to ensure your legal needs are met with the utmost care and expertise

Thomas Jefferson School of Law
J.D. (2018)
Honors: Dean's List
Thomas Jefferson School of Law Logo
California State University - Bakersfield
B.S. (2016) | Economics
Concentration in Finance
Honors: Dean's List
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Founder and Managing Attorney
Velez Law, PLLC
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Top 10 Family Law Attorneys
Best of the Best
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Top 40 Under 40
The National Black Lawyers Association
Professional Associations
Kentucky Bar Association  # 98628
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Kentucky Justice Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Louisville Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Kentucky Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    15-min Free Consultation
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My wife just told me last night that she she wants to separate which would end in divorce. I have so many questions.
A: Hello, it would be best to schedule a consultation with an attorney. Here is our free 15 minute consultation link should you be interested in our firm, Velez Law.
Q. My ex wife mother of my children is trying to move out of state with my kids. I live in Kentucky. What are my options?
A: Hello,

If you already have an open custody case, you will need to file a motion requesting the Court to enter an order prohibiting the kids from moving out of state.

If you do not have a custody action open, you will also need to file a petition, then the above mentioned motion once the action has been successfully served.
Q. How do you file a contempt order in Kentucky family court pro se?
A: File a motion for contempt and cite the order the parent is violating. You can find any available self help forms online on the Kentucky website. You can also visit the Jefferson county family court clerks office and request the same.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Velez Law, PLLC
Contact & Map
Velez Law, PLLC
6520 Glenridge Park Pl,
Unit 6
Louisville, KY 40222
Telephone: (502) 586-6030
Cell: (502) 586-6030
Fax: (502) 287-1808
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)