Free Consultation: (901) 206-8200Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tawanda Williams

Tawanda Williams

Balancing the Scales of Justice for You!
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a Criminal Defense Attorney and practice in both General Sessions and Criminal Courts in Memphis, TN. I have successfully handled thousands of cases and have never received a complaint to the Board of Professional Responsibility. I contribute my top-notch legal experience and excellent customer service skills to creating an impressive client base. These skills have afforded me an excellent reputation in the Legal Community.

Professional Associations
Memphis Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free Initial Consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Fixed rates based on charge type.
Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. Can you be charged with escape if officers leave the bullpen doors and hallway doors unlocked and you walk out?
A: Regardless of the lapse in judgment on the Officers part, if you are being detained for any reason with our without restraining devices, you are committing a crime by attempting to leave. Your fiance was clearly aware that he was in custody, so its no defense that the Officers removed his shackles, cuffs, and left doors open. Your fiance was properly charged with escape.
Q. Can I purchase a rifle for hunting if I have a class B misdemeanor for indecent exposure and am off probation?
A: To my knowledge Indecent Exposure has no Handgun ramifications. A background check will be performed before your purchase of any handgun, so you will know at that time for sure.
Q. I live in greenville tn and i am on a probation can i move to SC and be switch to another probation office
A: You can be switched to another Probation Company, but you must first consult with your Probation Officer to ensure that moving wouldn't violate your probation and to ensure you can be set up for probation in the State you are moving too. Good Luck!
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
242 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Telephone: (901) 206-8200