- Business Law, Personal Injury, Employment Law
Thomas Williams has spent most of his adult life in and around Iowa. A graduate of Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois, Thomas spent several years working in a management development program for a company in the Quad Cities providing services to businesses across Eastern Iowa. After graduating with distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law, Thomas practiced corporate litigation in the State of Delaware, primarily focused on claims related to director and officer duties to shareholders and the corporation. He and his wife later returned to the Iowa City area where Thomas spent several years practicing transactional law for a national insurance company, focused primarily on business to business commercial contracts, such as consulting agreements, professional services agreements, and software licensing, including software as a service contracts. Thomas also supported the company’s mergers and acquisitions activities and corporate governance team.
Thomas began practicing with the firm in 2018 with a desire to use the skills he has developed working for large corporations to assist individuals and small businesses across Eastern Iowa. He maintains a general practice including transactional and litigation matters.
Thomas and his wife live in the Iowa City area and are licensed foster parents. They also enjoy opening their home to international students at the University of Iowa. In early mornings and on Saturdays, you can find him running or biking on various trails and parks in the area. When not in Iowa, he and his wife enjoy hiking in National Parks.
- University of Iowa College of Law
- J.D. (2011)
- Augustana College
- Iowa State Bar  # 29019959
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- English: Spoken, Written