Free Consultation: (918) 587-7377Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tracy Tiernan

Tracy Tiernan

Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Criminal Defense All In One Place
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI ...
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Get a seasoned Trial Attorney to represent you in your time of need. I have been representing Oklahomans for more than 30 years who have been arrested for misdemeanor and serious felony Criminal charges or hurt in Car Wrecks, Semi Trucking Collisions or Workers' Compensation (or on the job) Injuries.

University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. (1990)
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
Southern Methodist University
B.A. (1987) | Political Science
Southern Methodist University Logo
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    DUI & DWI
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Juvenile Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Workers' Compensation
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Legal Answers
Q. can you go before judge if your fines are paid and ask for an early deferment ?
A: In many instances a Judge WILL entertain an application or motion for early termination of a deferred probation provided all probationary obligations have been satisfactorily completed and fines, costs, assessments and probation fees are paid in full. You simply have your attorney file the motion and see if the Court will agree to sign an Order Setting Hearing and find a place for the request on his/ her docket. If they set it for hearing…that’s promising. If they refuse to do do so it is likely because they are disinclined to grant such relief. Why would the Court NOT want to grant such relief? Well, many times enduring the journey of the probation (successfully negotiating probation, complying with all probationary requirements, paying all money, avoiding further contact with law enforcement during that time) is such an integral part of the punishment that they are NOT inclined to shorten it. But, you will never know until you and your attorney file your motion and give it a try. Best of luck!
Q. What do I do if I was charged with an illegal substance that I didn't have on my possession?
A: Criminal “Possession” of something is not always as straightforward as one might think. When you are looking at Possession of a controlled dangerous substance (CDS), or drug possession, it is not always the obvious situation where you are caught with the drug in your hand or pocket. It might be a situation, for instance, where someone is pulled over while driving for a traffic violation and a vehicle or body search occurs based upon an officers reasonable suspicion of criminal activity (based on articulable facts present to the officer at the time of the traffic stop). In that instance there might be multiple occupants of the vehicle. The “Possession” of the drugs might become a bit confusing or muddled based upon such factors as ownership of the car, positioning of the occupants in the car and the specific location where the CDS was discovered. It DOESN’T always have to be in an individuals pocket, purse, or hand. Also, there is the legal concept of “constructive possession,” which is a situation where multiple people can be considered in Possession of a CDS at the same time. Unfortunately you have not given us sufficient information to give you a more learned or precise answer to assist you. You need to immediately consult and retain a criminal defense attorney to fight to protect your rights. Best of luck!
Q. My son is currently incarcerated in Norman Oklahoma jail. Who do I contact about him being released to drug rehab.
A: If you haven’t hired a private attorney for him then the Court will likely have inquired as to his financial situation. If he qualifies as indigent, or unable to pay for a private attorney, they would have appointed a public defender. That’s who you need to contact. His attorney.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
320 S Boston Ave #1130
Tulsa, OK 74103
Telephone: (918) 587-7377