Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Mississippi College School of Law
- J.D. (1980) | Law
- Mississippi State University
- B.A. (1965) | Criminology
- Senior Partner
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A.
- - Current
- I have always been a private attorney in MS, and never a prosecutor.
Articles & Publications
- Mississippi DUI Law and Practice
- Witness Preparation and Examination for DUI Proceedings
- Aspatore Books a division of Thompson/west Books
- NCDD (the National College of DUI Defense) , Summer Session , Cambridge MA
- DUI Legal seminar
- Board certified as a DUI Trial Lawyer
- American Bar Association
- The Irwin-Taylor Award.
- National College for DUI Defense
- The National College for DUI Defense twenty five years ago by ten founding Regents to provide the highest quality training for DUI Lawyers around the country. There are now over two thousand members nationwide and in Canada. The award is bestowed at the direction of the current Board of Regents to the Lawyer who has contributed the most to the college and to the Driving under the Influence law practice. The Irwin-Taylor designation has been awarded twelve times previously during the twenty five year history and this was the thirteenth such designation.
- Inaugural Class for Mississippi Leaders in lLaw
- Mississippi Business Journal
- The Mississippi Business polled the legal profession to publish the first class of Lawyers who have demonstrated their leadership in various sections of the legal practice. This award is given yearly to other Lawyers demonstrating leadership in their area of Law.
- Mississippi State Bar
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- The Mississippi Bar
Virtual or in person meetings available After the initial free consultation, additional time requires a fee, which will be put in writing. Potential clients with criminal defense cases are provided a FREE lawyer consultation, as do personal injury cases. This can be a virtual meeting on DUO, Facetime, ZOOM, GoToMeeting or other video conferencing tool.
- Credit Cards Accepted
It is illegal to charge criminal fees on a contingency, but on our personal injury cases, our attorneys in Mississippi do charge our fees on a contingency basis.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Hit and Run
- Driver License Suspension
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Theft Crimes
- Whistleblower Claims
- Weapons charge
- Qui Tam Litigation
- Juvenile Crime
- English: Spoken, Written
Websites & Blogs
- Vic Carmody's Website Profile
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A. Website
- Mississippi Criminal Law Blog
Contact & Map