Free Consultation: (800) 406-0893Tap to Call This Lawyer
Vince Sykes

Vince Sykes

Sykes Law Firm, P.C.
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Civil Rights ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Vince Sykes is a veteran of the United States Air Force, where he served on active duty, as an enlisted, and earned several distinguished medals to include Good Conduct Medal and Overseas Tour of Duty.

Following military service, Vince obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) from SUNY, Stony Brook, NY; a Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.) from Pepperdine University, CA.; and a Juris Doctorate Degree (J.D.), Cum Laude, from Pace Law School, NY.

Vince’s career spans engineering positions in Silicon Valley where he worked for high-tech companies such as Cisco Systems, Bay Networks, Alcatel-Lucent, and various technology start-ups. Vince was a member of the Alcatel-Lucent team that designed and developed AT&T’s 4G cellular network.

Born in Washington DC to diplomat parents but a citizen of Ghana, Vince grew up in various countries to include Moscow, London and Ghana. His multicultural background is reflected in his work as an attorney. While engineering was Vince's childhood passion, he developed a deeper appreciation for criminal justice and civil rights after relocating to the United States.

Law was a logical next step, which today allows Vince to confront social injustices and disparities within our criminal justice system. As a victims' advocate--civil rights, personal injury--Vince will go to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight vigorously for the underdog.

Pace Law School
J.D. | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
State University of New York - Stony Brook
B.S. | Electrical Engineering
- present
State University of New York - Stony Brook Logo
Pepperdine University
MBA (2002) | Masters of Business Administration
Pepperdine University Logo
Professional Associations
Federal Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Westchester County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4974275
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Court of International Trade
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultation on any case, up to 1 hour.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Which visa should my husband apply for?
A: Your fact pattern is sketchy? What are you trying to achieve? If you just want to visit (any country for that matter) and you were denied a vistor's/tourist visa--then there's nothing more; other than seeing if you can re-apply in the near future with more concrete proof that you will return to the home country??
Q. How can i avoid a 3 or 10 year ban after overstaying a visitor s visa to spend time with my LPR husband?
A: Since you entered lawfully (with a visa), you can always apply for a waiver if it ever becomes necessary...Nonetheless, you should have your LPR spouse petition for you, i.e., I-130 and eventually adjust status. Since spouse is LPR, you are not in the highest preference category; which means your case (by time you are able to adjust status with approved immigrant visa) will take a bit of time. And, no work permit available (can't work on B1/2 visa) until you are able to adjust status.
Q. Hello, This question might sound really strange to you. Is it possible to block someone's I-130 petition?
A: An I-130 confers no benefit and only confirms that there is a bona-fide marriage or other direct relationship, i.e, siblings, parent-child, etc. So, what's to block? Those predicate facts are true or false... Nonetheless, petitioner does not have to sign; does not have to file I-130--but if already approved by USCIS, petitioner does not have to sign-off on AOS/I-485. or AOS/I-864. If marriage or other relationship is fraudulent, petitioner can notify USCIS via letter--assuming I-130 has already been filed.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
New York Personal Injury & Civil Litigation
Contact & Map
Westchester County Office (by appointment ONLY)
7 Skyline Drive, Suite 350
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Toll-Free: (800) 406-0893
Telephone: (845) 406-1386
Cell: (845) 406-1386
Fax: (914) 920-3037
Monday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: By Appointment Only
Rockland County Office
95 N. Main Street
Spring Valley, NY 10977
Telephone: (845) 659-7258
Cell: (845) 406-1386
Fax: (914) 920-3037