Free Consultation: (503) 990-7672Tap to Call This Lawyer
Virgil Royer

Virgil Royer

Handling Personal Injury cases in Salem, Beaverton, Portland & throughout Or
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Family Law
  • Oregon
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Virgil Royer, a graduate of the Willamette School of Law, practices law to assist people navigate through and successfully put behind the difficult times in their life. Mr. Royer represents people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents and any accident that was caused by someone else's negligence. He enjoys helping people receive the compensation that they deserve. Mr. Royer will pursue your matter to trial to get a just award. Mr. Royer stays active within his community and enjoys doing all he can to pursue justice for his clients.

ROYER & ASSOCIATES and their staff are dedicated to assisting their clients and always strive to obtain the best possible outcome for each client. If you have been involved in an accident caused by someone's else's negligence, you need to speak with a law firm right away. Even if you elect to not retain an attorney, you will be better informed and more knowledgeable able the possible relief you are entitled to.

Willamette University College of Law
J.D. (2011)
Willamette University College of Law Logo
Professional Experience
Royer & Associates Attorneys at Law
Speaking Engagements
Digital Data, Evidence, and Ethical Assistance for Lawyers, OALI Continuing Education Seminar
Trial Advocacy Award
Willamette University College of Law
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 115098
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultation for personal injury matters, only
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I work on a contingency basis for personal injury matters, only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Family Law Matters: There is a consultation fee for all cases that are not personal injury related.
Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. There is a huge homeless camp next door its private property who do I sue?
A: This is a community problem. And, yet, a very personal problem for you because it affects your safety, comfort, and even the investment that you have in your home. At the same time, homelessness is a very sensitive subject. People have to live someplace. The solution has to begin with the city. You should be in contact with whoever is in charge of helping the homeless in the community. It is a public nuisance. Yet, there are people whose lives would be greatly altered if they would just "removed". You are in a tough position, and the options you have are to do nothing (status quo), get actively involved in trying to work with adjoining landowners to see if a viable solution can be found--shelters, etc., or you can be defensive and put up no trespassing signs on your property (and convince the landowners around to do the same) and call the police on trespassers. I know this is frustrating because you did not ask for this dilemma.
Q. Can I file charges against someone who used unreasonable physical force with multiple weapons.
A: Yes, you can file charges against anyone by contacting the police to make a report. However, making a false report and/or misleading the officer away from what really happened is a crime. In short, you cannot lie about what happened. The officer will ask questions that might make sense of the incident. If you were trespassing, and the owner of the property told you to leave (or there was a "NO TRESPASSING" sign), perhaps some "threat" was reasonable and justified. The fact that you were cited assumes that an officer made a determine on your complaints and decided they did not warrant further police action. However, you might be able to file a claim for damages as a personal injury claim for assault and battery. If you want to file a civil claim (called "Tort"), you should contact an attorney right away to discuss the facts of your case and what type of claims you might have against the person. There are time limitations, so you should act quickly.
Q. Can an insurer require you to be evaluated by their doctor when treatment is partway done?
A: Your insurance company can demand that you submit to a medical examiner for an independent medical examination (IME) per your contract with the insurance company to ensure the that the treatment you receive is medically necessary for injuries related to the accident. If you fail to attend, then you are in breach of your contract and they can withhold payment and not allow treatment under the agreement. However, if you attend the IME and the medical examiner states that the treatment is not reasonable, you can provide evidence to refute that finding. You should ask your current provide to defend their treatment plan. sometimes, you can ask them to hold off on demanding an IME by providing a specific date for termination of treatment, as it may be more cost-effective than paying for an IME.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Royer & Associates
380 Madrona Avenue S
Salem, OR 97302
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Fax: (503) 296-5693
111 SW 5th Avenue Suite 3150
Portland, OR 97204
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Cell: (503) 816-9233
Fax: (503) 296-5693