Attorney Wayne O.S. Haig graduated from Dartmouth College, summa cum laude (with highest academic honors), in 1988. He then attended the University of Virginia School of Law, and graduated in 1992 with a Juris Doctor degree. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, America’s oldest and most widely recognized academic honor society, founded in 1776. He is also a Rufus Choate Scholar.
Attorney Haig’s practice concentrates in the area of workers’ compensation for serious workplace injuries, and he has been actively practicing law since 1992. Mr. Haig’s has received many honors, including the following:
• One of the Top 10 Workers’ Compensation lawyers in Virginia by Attorney and Practice Magazine (2019).
• One of the 10 Best Workers’ Compensation lawyers in Virginia by the American Institute of Legal Counsel (2017 – 2021).
• Included in the 2021 Super Lawyers list (Super Lawyers is an exclusive list of top-rated attorneys in specific practice areas who were chosen after thorough evaluation of numerous criteria.).
• One of the Top 100 Lawyers in Virginia regardless of practice area by the Top 100 Registry
• Included in the Top Lawyers of North America publication.
• The American Institute of Legal Counsel has selected The Haig Law Firm as one of the 10 Best workers' compensation law firms in Virginia for client satisfaction.
Attorney Haig has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Virginia (and all state courts) as well as in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia, and the United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit. His practice is devoted entirely to representing accident victims with legitimate, serious injuries throughout Virginia, and he does not represent insurance companies or self-insured employers. He is a member of the Roanoke Bar Association and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Workers' Compensation Section.