Wendy Smith

Wendy Smith

Raising the Bar and Exceeding Law Standards
  • Family Law, Criminal Law
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

After a failed marriage of 26 years, 5 children and a two year custody battle; I knew becoming a family lawyer was my dream.

I have been a nurse since 1991, I spent the first years of my career delivering babies at Forsyth Hospital. After 5 years, I discovered that I really wanted to be at home with my children and I started a Nursing Triage Company that now operates in almost 1/2 of the United States.

I had the perfect life, a company that was successful and allowed me to be a mom. Then; my life was turned upside down by a divorce. Three of my children still were at home and the battle began.

After many times of being told that my children would be taken from me, I decided to attend law school. My education taught me how to gain primary custody of the most beautiful gifts that God has ever given me-our children.

The ideal situation is when two parents realize they must co-parent effectively for the sake of their children, but this does not always happen.

In my own custody battle, the judge referred to me as a bulldozer, but sometimes in life you must destroy all the negative in your life, so you can build the life you deserve.

If you need a bulldozer, then I am the attorney for you. If you can effectively co-parent, then I am the attorney for you. If you are not sure what to do next, then I am the attorney for you.

We do not enter marriage saying, “I do”, with the thought of divorce, but it happens. If you do, and decide it was not a great idea, I can undo.

We all deserve happiness and peace of mind, and sometimes all you need is God, and an attorney to fight for you.

Wendy Smith MSN/MBA, Esquire

Elon University
Elon University Logo
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar  # 53617
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Greensboro Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. What do I do if my ex wife is wanting to move my son out of NC without a custody agreement ?
A: You need to hire an attorney ASAP to file a custody complaint and prevent the move.
Q. What does a gs 14-72a less than 100.00 taken what will happen to me
A: The taking of property valued at less than $1,000, or receiving property valued at less than $1,000 is a class 1 misdemeanor in North Carolina. A class 1 misdemeanor carries a maximum punishment of 120 days in jail if you have five or more prior convictions (other than infractions). With no prior convictions or with less than five prior convictions a class 1 misdemeanor carries a maximum punishment of 45 days in jail. However, rather than active time, misdemeanors can be punished by probation, community service, or a split sentence (a combination of active time and probation). Depending on your prior record level and type of crimes you have previously been convicted of, if any, a judge will likely order some sort of probation and order that the victim be paid back. ... Read More
Q. Ex wants me to either inc. my child support from $371 to $718 or let her claim child for taxes. What is better option?NC
A: In order to truly evaluate your answer, I would need more information—I.e. your income, her income, extraordinary expenses, what does your previous custody order say, etc.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Wendy Smith and Nicholas Patrick
188 Baker Rd.
Archdale, NC 27263
Telephone: (336) 861-3026