Free Consultation: (703) 352-9044Tap to Call This Lawyer
Wilfred Yeargan
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets ...
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Attorney Wilfred Yeargan graduated from the University of New Hampshire Law School, Franklin Pierce in 1998. He has served the Northern Virginia area for twenty four years, providing skillful defense of thousands of criminal, traffic and DUI cases. He also assists clients with prosecution and defense of civil matters such as expungements, protective orders, personal injury and contract claims.

Attorney Wilfred Yeargan is an experienced litigator and has successfully defended thousands of criminal and traffic charges in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Some of the routine matters defended by his office include Reckless Driving, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Driving on a Suspended License, Hit and Run, Speeding, Driving Outside Restrictions of a Restricted License, Accident Cases, Personal Injury due to motor vehicle collisions, Assault and Battery, Drug Charges like Marijuana or Cocaine Possession/Distribution, Theft, Embezzlement and Property Crimes. Attorney Yeargan aggressively defends client's legal rights and works hard to achieve the best possible result for his clients. His law office offers a free initial consultation and will meet you in the evenings and weekends at no additional expense. Give his office a call today to schedule a time to review your case.

Franklin Pierce Law Center
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
American University
B.A. | International Relations
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Law Office of Wilfred W. Yeargan
- Current
Attorney Yeargan has twenty years of litigation experience in Virginia. He has extensive experience with jury and non-jury trials throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. He handles traffic, misdemeanor, and felony cases in the Juvenile court, General District and Circuit Court levels. Attorney Yeargan also assists clients with expungements, personal injury, business formation, contract negotiation/drafting, and civil litigation.
Speaking Engagements
Seminar Lecture on Use of Expert Witnesses in Law, Psychology Seminar Lecture
Top Contributor
Clients' Choice
Recognized for Professional Involvement
Lawyer Legion
Professional Associations
Virginia State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
United States District Court - Eastern District of Virginia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Norml Legal Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    In Personal Injury Cases only.
Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My boyfriend got a ticket for driving on a suspended back in November 2018 and he just got convicted for it on 8/02/2020
A: Yes, your boyfriend needs to file a Motion to Rehear the case. He has 60 days to file this motion from the date of conviction. The appeal period is only ten days, so this is his only option.

Contact my office and we may discuss the facts related to the filing of the case. He may have grounds for dismissal of the case for police misconduct. 703-352-9044.
Q. I was cited for failing to obey a sign (reduced from a possible speeding charge). Pay or go to court? 5 safety points.
A: You have an excellent driving record and may be able to get the charge deferred for dismissal with a driver improvement course or reduced to a non-moving violation with no points. You need to consult with a good traffic lawyer with experience in the county in which you got the ticket. Convictions may affect employment for professional drivers.

Results often depend on the county involved and the skill and reputation of your lawyer. If you have questions contact my office for a free consultation.

Wilfred Yeargan

Q. How much is it to get a misdemeanor petty theft off your record and can I do it myself or do I need a lawyer
A: You cannot expunge criminal convictions in Virginia. However, you may be able to file a pardon petition with the Governor’s Office after a period of time. If granted, it will not remove the conviction but leave a notation of the decision on your criminal record.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Wilfred Yeargan's Website Profile
Law Office of Wilfred W. Yeargan Website
Contact & Map
Law Office of Wilfred W. Yeargan
11350 Random Hills Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
Telephone: (703) 352-9044
Fax: (703) 352-9045