William E. Betz has over 30 years of experience providing a full range of legal services to individuals and small businesses in the New York Metropolitan area. The Law Office of William E. Betz is located in Nassau County. Mr. Betz practices in all of the Long Island courts and in the five Boroughs of New York City. William E. Betz is a 1983 honors graduate of New York Law School, where he was a member of the New York Law School Law Review. He was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award and won first prize in the Nathan Burkan Copyright Competition. While attending law school Mr. Betz worked as a law clerk with Cravath, Swaine & Moore; in 1983 he became associated with Weil, Gotshal & Manges in New York City. In 1987 Mr. Betz opened his own law office, interrupting his practice to work in the law office of Raoul Felder from 1996 to 1997. Please visit williambetz.com for further information on Mr. Betz's background and experience.
- New York Law School
- J.D. (1983) | Law
- Honors Graduate, Top 10 Percent of class.
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Member of New York Law School Law Review, Recipient First Prize Nathan Burkan Copyright Competition
- Activities: Law Review
- "For the Retention of Diversity Jurisdiction"
- New York State Bar Journal
- New York State Bar  # 1909670
- - Current
- Mariana Islands
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Generally I accept retainers for work to be billed on an hourly basis. However, in exceptional circumstances I will accept an assignment, such as an appeal, on a flat-fee basis. For Medical and Legal malpractice cases and matters involving personal injury I will usually accept a contingent fee arrangement with the understanding that the client is responsible for out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the pendency of the matter.
A usual contingent fee arrangement will limit attorney's fees to one-third of the ultimate recovery, if any. Should the claimant fail to recover a judgment or settlement then no attorney's fees will be due.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken
- Spanish: Spoken