William J. McLeod
- Bankruptcy, Collections, Consumer Law ...
- Connecticut, Massachusetts
Attorney McLeod is a member of the Bankruptcy Section of the Boston Bar Association, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys the American Bankruptcy Institute, as well as the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (REBA).
In addition to authoring the comprehensive bankruptcy manual "Chapter 13 in 13 Chapters", he has also written articles of interest to the bankruptcy and insolvency community appearing in the ABI Journal.
Attorney McLeod was a contributing author to the legal desk reference for physicians, The Biggest Legal Mistakes Physicians Make and How To Avoid Them. He authored two chapters: “The 10 Biggest Mistakes Physician Make in Dealing with Bankruptcy Counsel” and “The 10 Biggest Legal Mistakes Physicians Make Before and During the Bankruptcy Process.”
Before Congress passed the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, Attorney McLeod authored an op-ed in the Boston Globe, urging leaders to consider the important issues faced by people struggling with debt.
In addition to the Connecticut and Massachusetts state courts, he has litigated cases in the United States District Courts for the Districts of Massachusetts and Connecticut, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the United States Bankruptcy Court in Massachusetts.
He has argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
- Western New England University School of Law
- Salve Regina University
- B.A. | Administration of Justice
Telephone consultations are free.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law