Free Consultation: (317) 565-1818Tap to Call This Lawyer
William J Webster

William J Webster

Webster Legal LLC / Protect What Matters Most Family, Estate & Business
  • Divorce, Family Law, Business Law ...
  • Indiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

William J. Webster practices as an attorney in Westfield, Indiana, serving clients throughout the State of Indiana. For nearly a decade, William has assisted individuals and businesses in protecting the things that matter most. He offers clients practical solutions for their estate, business, and family needs.
William is a lifelong resident of Hamilton County and resides in Westfield with his wife, Robbie, and four children, Dayton, Corbin, Bryce and Austin.
William obtained a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Marian University, a Masters in Business Administration from Valparaiso University, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Indiana University School of Law.
William is admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana, the Indiana Tax Court, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. Further, William is a member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Hamilton County Bar Association, and the Westfield Chamber of Commerce.
Webster Legal, LLC, is a full-service Law Firm. Practice areas include: Agricultural Law, Business Law, Criminal Defense, Divorce and Family Law, Estate Planning and Probate, Personal Injury, and Real Estate.

Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
J.D. (2009) | Law
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law Logo
Valparaiso University
MBA (2006) | Business
Valparaiso University Logo
Marian College
B.S. (2004) | Finance
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Indiana
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hamilton County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. Does a small estate affidavit cover real estate in Indiana? Total assets-including real estate- is under $30,000.
A: Yes, if the house is only worth $30K, then you can transfer via Small Estate Affidavit. I recommend verifying the value by a 3rd party such as the assessed value provided by the County for property tax purposes or hire an appraiser.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us at 317-565-1818.

Q. My son is seeking a divorce from his mentally unstable wife of 7 years. His work schedule is from 8-5 what does he need
A: Your son needs to contact an attorney to set-up an appointment to discuss his case and determine what steps need to be taken going forward.

Each case is unique, so it's difficult to provide an answer without knowing more facts about your son's case. We offer free consultations, so feel free to contact our office at 317-565-1818.

-William Webster
Q. My mother didn't leave a will has to property has no debt what kind of lawyer do I need? There are four of us agreement.
A: Even though everyone is in agreement, in order to transfer property from your mother to you and your siblings you will need to hire a probate attorney to open and assist in administering your mother's estate.

When the estate is opened a personal representative is appointed who has the authority to transfer property from the person who passed away to his or her beneficiaries or heirs at law.

Depending on the size of the estate and types of property, there may be other methods available to administer your mother's estate, therefore I recommend you contact a probate attorney to assist you with the process.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at 317-565-1818.


William Webster
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
The Webster Word
Contact & Map
Webster Legal LLC
104 N Union Street
Westfield, IN 46074
Telephone: (317) 565-1818