Zach Walsh’s background spans the globe, from litigating criminal and family law cases in the Pacific Northwest’s smallest jurisdictions to fighting piracy in Moscow. Prior to joining McKean Smith to practice criminal and family law, Zach honed his courtroom skills as a prosecutor, and as an attorney at one of Portland’s largest family law firms.
Zach has the experience to manage complex criminal and family law cases; he also knows how to help clients protect their liberties and navigate the complicated intersection of family and criminal law. He doggedly pursues just and expedient resolutions on complicated legal matters for his clients. “I always aim to use my litigation experience and creative approach to help clients manage risks and seek the best outcome, with or without a trial,” he says.
Before a career in law, Zach worked for the Economic Section of the U.S. State Department in Moscow, Russia, focusing on anti-piracy research and the Russian Federation’s accession in the World Trade Organization during the second George W. Bush administration, and for the U.S. Forest Service and AmeriCorps in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
He holds dual degrees in Political Science and Russian from Florida State University, B.A., cum laude, and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Oregon School of Law.
In his time away from the office, Zach is an avid traveler and outdoorsman. He can be found enjoying having a good meal with his family or friends or enjoying the Pacific Northwest’s rain (and occasional sunshine).
- University of Oregon School of Law
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- What Every Lawyer Needs to Know about DUII, Oregon State Bar
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Oregon Association of Family Law Practitioners
- Gus J. Solomon Inn of Court
- Oregon New Lawyers Division
- Executive Committee
- Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Tribal Bar
- Oregon State Bar
- ID Number: 135128
- Washington State Bar Association
- ID Number: 53010
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI