- Appeals & Appellate, Arbitration & Mediation, Civil Rights ...
Anne Kelly Skinner graduated magna cum laude from West Virginia University, and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa honor society. Thereafter, Anne attended the West Virginia University College of Law where she earned her law degree in 1997.
Anne began her legal career as an Assistant Attorney General within the Office of the West Virginia Attorney General. While there, Anne worked within the Office’s Consumer Protection Division, where she represented the state on behalf of consumers against businesses that had violated the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
In 2001, the Governor of West Virginia appointed Anne to serve as Deputy Commissioner and General Counsel to the West Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Administration. Anne assisted the Commissioner in the regulation of the sales, consumption, and distribution of alcoholic beverages in the State of West Virginia.
Anne returned to the Office of the West Virginia Attorney General in 2003 as a Senior Assistant Attorney General. For over a decade, she represented state agencies in legal matters in state, county, and federal courts. Anne handled legal matters relating to labor and employment, contracts, professional licenses and related disciplinary actions, the regulation of various business industries and professional practices, and legislative and agency rule making.
Currently, having since moved to Florida, Anne practices law representing parties in a wide variety of civil litigation matters.
As a proud and vocal member of the transgender community, Anne also possesses a hard-earned, thorough understanding of diversity issues relating to the legal system. She is passionately invested in the affirmative, proactive pursuit and goal of achieving inclusion and opportunity for all.
- West Virginia University
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- West Virginia University College of Law
- The Florida Bar  # 1009142
- The Florida Bar
- 11th Circuit
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- English: Spoken, Written