Free Consultation: (918) 884-6016Tap to Call This Lawyer
Benjamin Oxford

Benjamin Oxford

  • Personal Injury, Insurance Claims, Consumer Law ...
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
University of Arkansas School of Law
J.D. (2008)
University of Arkansas School of Law Logo
President's Award
Tulsa County Bar Association
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 22259
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Insurance Claims
Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Products Liability
Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Arbitration & Mediation
Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Legal Answers
Q. Can I get my son back after he has been adopted out I don't have my right to him but I want him back
A: It's not impossible, but certainly very difficult. You should contact an adoption attorney as soon as possible to see what your options are. The longer you wait, the less likely you will have any success.
Q. Is there any way to keep adult children from receiving part of a wrongful death settlement
A: Probably not. There are two possible types of wrongful death cases. First, the estate of the deceased can bring the claim, in which case the settlement proceeds are divided up according to the terms of the will, and if there is no will the settlement proceeds are divided among the heirs. This will likely include adult children. Second, the spouse and the children can bring their claims individually for their own loss of companionship, in which case the settlement proceeds go directly to the individuals. However, settlements are usually just a single lump sum to be divided among the various parties as they may agree, and this is where you can get into trouble if you don't have a lawyer. You should definitely hire an attorney to handle this for you. Disputes among living heirs over the proceeds of a wrongful death settlement can get very complicated. ... Read More
Q. Non-compete enforcement in Oklahoma
A: Oklahoma Courts look unfavorably at non-compete agreements, and certain types of these agreements are unenforceable. That being said, it's not absolute. Your son needs to contact an attorney immediately. If he has been sued, he may need to respond to the lawsuit or risk a default judgment being entered against him.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Oxford Lehr, PLLC
1800 S. Baltimore Ave
Suite 825
Tulsa, OK 74119
Telephone: (918) 884-6016