Brad Marsicek

Brad Marsicek

Nebraska and Iowa Divorce and Custody Attorney Goosmann Law
  • Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation ...
  • Iowa, Nebraska
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Nebraska and Iowa Divorce and Child Custody trial lawyer who primarily handles divorce and child custody cases around Omaha and Elkhorn, Nebraska, Council Bluffs, Iowa and surrounding areas. Over 40+ domestic trials and countless contested hearings appearances for clients. Advocate for parents seeking to preserve their access to their children and their parental rights.

Trained Nebraska Parenting Plan Mediator.

Brad is a local attorney, trained mediator, dedicated father, and relentless advocate for clients with experience before most area Nebraska and Iowa judges and attorneys.

University of Nebraska College of Law
J.D. | Law
University of Nebraska College of Law Logo
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
University of Nebraska - Lincoln Logo
Professional Experience
Senior Associate Attorney
Goosmann Law Firm
- Current
Nebraska and Iowa civil litigation and domestic / family law attorney. - General Civil Litigation - Divorce - Child Custody - Child support - Paternity - Alternative Dispute Resolution - Mediation
Associate Attorney
Cordell and Cordell
Represent father's in Child custody and divorce cases throughout Nebraska and Iowa
Marsicek Law LLC
Representing Omaha and Nebraska clients in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody, Personal Injury, Real Estate and General Civil Litigation matters.
Claims Counsel
Fidelity National Title Group
Claims Counsel for the largest real estate title insurance company in the country. Managed company litigation, real estate title claims, and real estate/mechanic's lien litigation for matters throughout the United States.
Contract Attorney
Shook Hardy Bacon
Articles & Publications
Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Nebraska Divorce from the Omaha Divorce Attorneys at Goosmann Law
Goosmann Law
Increasing or Reducing Child Support in Nebraska – A Brief Summary of Child Support Modification Law in Nebraska
Goosmann Law - Brad Marsicek - Omaha Divorce and Child CUstody Lawyer
A Brief Summary of Nebraska Child Support Law
Brad Marsicek - Nebraska and Iowa Child Custody and Divorce Lawyer
Modification of Child Custody Orders in Nebraska
Goosmann Law
A Summary of Nebraska Child Custody Law
Goosmann Law
Modification of Alimony in Nebraska
Goosmann Law Firm
Can I Remove My Child from the State of Nebraska? A Summary of Nebraska Law
Goosmann Law
20-20-20 Rule in Military Divorce
Speaking Engagements
Cordell College
Nebraska Family Law Mediator
Nebraska Mediation Association
Rising Star
Only 2.5% of lawyers are selected for inclusion on the Rising Stars list each year in each state.
Professional Associations
Omaha Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nebraska Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Iowa Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Client's mention this JUSTIA listing and who retain the firm on the same day as the consultation will have the initial consultation fee waived.
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Arbitration & Mediation
Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals
Additional Practice Areas
  • Civil Litigation
  • Family Law Mediation
  • Child Custody
  • Child Custody Modifications
  • Child Support
  • Grandparent Visitation
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. What’s considered incompatible for a divorce? To what degree does mental illness come into play?
A: Nebraska is a no-fault divorce state. If your spouse is no longer willing to work on the marriage, your spouse will ultimately be able to obtain a divorce. Regardless of your the decision your spouse makes, you efforts to continue to seek help should continue. If you have a documented mental illness and unable to support yourself, you could qualify for spousal maintenance under Nebraska Rev. Stat. 42-362. This is not a common thing ordered by the Court and is very factually intensive for the Court to order this type of support. If this is something you want to explore, discuss it with an experienced divorce attorney. Otherwise, the Court will mainly focus on the division of assets and debts (and child custody and support , if applicable to your situation). ... Read More
Q. Can I get the interest on the back child support written off in Nebraska? The child support is caught up just interest.
A: Hello - Even if the child is 23, if you owe child support money or still owe interest from a past balance paid, any child support debt will continue to accrue interest until paid in full or a receipt is filed by the other parent. The only exception would be if a Court retroactively adjusts child support accrued arising from a pending modification case. It does not sound like that is the case here.
Q. I self filed for a complaint to Establishing Paternity, Custody, Parenting Time, and Child Support.
A: As Julie mentioned, you do not need an attorney to seek a temporary parenting plan in a normal divorce or paternity case. However, an attorney will have the expertise and experience to guide you through this process. Your posting makes it seem like there may be an existing court order, which could change how you approach being denied access to the child. Although the specific details of your case will ultimately control who is awarded custody, and how and when someone has access to a child, it is always recommended to protect your legal rights as soon as possible.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Goosmann Law Firm
Goosmann Law - Divorce Docket Blog
Contact & Map
Goosmann Law Firm
17838 Burke Street
Suite 250
Omaha, NE 68118
Toll-Free: (855) 909-4442
Telephone: (402) 313-8788
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Evening and Weekend Hours by Scheduled Appointment Only