Brenda Stedham was born in Birmingham and raised in small communities throughout north Alabama where her father served as a United Methodist minister. She graduated cum laude from Birmingham-Southern College, where she was Student Government President. She received her law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1980 and moved to Anniston after serving as a law clerk to a Judge Richard L. Holmes of the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals.
She is a past President and former Executive Committee member of the Calhoun-Cleburne Bar Association Board of Directors. She is a former President and founding member of the Pelham Merrill Inn of Court. She is a founding member and Past President of the Cheaha Republican Women’s Club and a former member of the Calhoun County Republican Executive Committee. She is a founding member and former Executive Committee member of the Anniston Morning Rotary Club and a current member and former Executive Committee member of the Anniston Rotary Club.
Mrs. Stedham is a member of the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation of Northeast Alabama and a member of the Executive Committee of the Foundation. She is an immediate past member of the Alabama Women's Commission and the Collaborative Law Committee of the Alabama Law.
During her service as Presiding Judge of the Family Court for Calhoun and Cleburne Counties, Mrs. Stedham served on the State Circuit Judges’ Association Education Committee, which planned and implemented the education programs for state judges twice a year. At the request of the Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice’s office, she became responsible for creating and operating the Calhoun County Veterans’ Treatment Court. She was responsible for re-vitalizing and operating the Calhoun County Children’s Policy Council as well. She has served as a Vice-President of the State Juvenile Judges’ Association and as a member of the Executive Committee of the Coosa Valley Youth
- National Judicial College
- General Jurisdiction Studies
- I had an opportunity to learn a great deal about how and why judges rule the way they do and what the best practices are for judges.
- University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
- J.D. (1980)
- Birmingham-Southern College
- B.A. (1976) | Political Science
- Honors: Graduated cum laude, Mortar Board Member
- Activities: Student Government President, Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity
- Stedham Law Firm
- - Current
- I reopened my law practice at the end of my service as a State Circuit Court Judge.
- Circuit Court Judge
- Alabama State Circuit Court Judge
- I was elected to this position in November, 2008.
- Attorney at Law
- Brenda S. Stedham
- I opened and operated my own law firm. I had a general practice law firm, with an emphasis on litigation.
- Vice-President and Member of the Firm
- Dillon, Field, Monk & Stedham
- I practiced law with a number of law partners and handled a wide variety of cases, including litigation.
- Law Clerk to Honorable Richard L. Holmes
- State of Alabama Court of Civil Appeals
- Judge Holmes hired me to write draft court orders for his consideration.
- American Bar Association
- - Current
- Alabama State Bar
- Member, Small & Solo Practice Section
- - Current
- Federal Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
I take Visa and Mastercard only.
- Contingent Fees
I take contingent fees in personal injury cases.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
If you have questions about my fees, please contact me at: email@example.com or call me at: 256-770-4422.
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- Insurance Claims
- Family Law
- Wide Variety of Other Areas- Call for More Info
- Advance Directives
- Powers of Attorney
- Utility Law
- Guardianships & Conservatorships