Brian Alexander Brown
- Appeals & Appellate, Arbitration & Mediation, Business Law ...
Brian A. Brown is an experienced consumer, foreclosure defense, and civil litigation attorney. Starting his career at a small firm, Brian was rapidly tasked with representing clients as the main attorney on their case. This gained him valuable experience representing a diverse set of clients in many different courts across Ohio.
During the beginning of his career Brian repeatedly saw how unfairly large banks and corporations treated individuals and small business owners. Appalled by their actions he fought against the banks and other Fortune 500 companies, often achieving results for his clients which exceeded their expectations. Brian prides himself on providing empathetic and diligent representation for individuals, consumers and small businesses.
Brian grew up in small town in southern Ohio, where he developed a passion for helping people though charity work and Boy Scouts. After becoming an Eagle Scout, he went to college at The Ohio State University, where he continued his passion for helping people through charities such as the Jimmy V. Foundation for Cancer Research, and Habitat for Humanity. After graduating, Brian went to Capital University Law School where he gained valuable experience in internships at The Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, and The City of Columbus Department of Building and Zoning Services. He graduated on the Dean’s list with a Pro Bono Honors Award for his charity work.
Brian focuses on representing people in foreclosure defense, building and zoning issues, and consumer related litigation including: the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA); Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); the Consumer Sales Practices Act (CSPA); and Ohio Building and Zoning Law. Brian lives in Upper Arlington with his girlfriend. He enjoys hiking, backpacking, canoeing, fishing, cooking, snowboarding, volleyball, softball, OSU Football, and coffee.
- Capital University Law School
- J.D. (2017) | J.D.
- Honors: Dean's List Pro-Bono Honors Award
- Ohio State University - Columbus
- B.A. (2014) | Philosophy and Pre-Med
- State Bar of Ohio  # 0096733
- Columbus Bar Association
- - Current
- Ohio State Bar Association
- - Current
- Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
- ID Number: 0096733
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Consumer Law
- Class Action
- Foreclosure Defense
- Real Estate Law
- Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Law Firm Website