Brian exclusively represents employees in a wide variety of California employment law matters, including terminations based on illegal discrimination or in violation of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (including disability or health discrimination, failures to accommodate a disability, and pregnancy discrimination), unpaid wages (including unpaid overtime, unpaid rest and meal breaks, or cases of independent contractor misclassification), protected leave law violations (including Pregnancy Disability, California Family Rights Act, baby bonding/ maternity/ paternity leave, and FMLA violations), unlawful harassment (hostile work environment and sexual harassment) and unlawful employment retaliation claims (including whistle-blowing retaliation and workplace safety complaint retaliation).
Many of Brian's clients have been terminated after becoming injured at work, after having filed a workers' compensation claim, or after having undergone a "PQME" examination in the worker's compensation process.
Brian regularly assists clients who have been presented with an employment contract or a severance agreement.
Brian is one of a just a handful of Central Coast attorneys who is a member of the the California Employment Lawyers Association ("CELA"). He has a close relationship with his employment law clients, and accepts cases from Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties, and beyond.
- University of California - Santa Cruz
- B.A. (2008) | European History
- Law Offices Of Kenneth J. Kroopf
- I represented a wide variety of employees in disability discrimination, wrongful termination, contract, and payment disputes. I also represented plaintiff's in personal injury cases including car, bike, and motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, and dog bites.
- Law Offices of Timothy J. Morgan
- I represented landlords in both simply and complex evictions and all aspects of landlord-tenant law.
- History! What is it Good For?? The Law!, UCSC History Symposium 2016, University of California Santa Cruz
- Keynote speaker.
- Raise your Hand II: Cross Over Issues With Workers' Compensation
- The presentation teaches basic employment law issue spotting to applicants' attorneys.
- Raise Your Hand!: 25 Practical Tips for the Applicant's Attorney Facing Disability Discrimination in Employment, Monterey, CA
- Central Coast Applicant's Attorneys Association
- State Bar of California # 282494
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Select employment law and personal injury matters are accepted on a contingency-fee basis.
- Employment Law
- Spanish: Spoken