Thoman Law, P.L.L.C is a boutique law firm, headed by an experienced former prosecutor, that focuses on Criminal Defense, Traffic Defense, DUI Defense, Divorce, Child Custody, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Medical Directives, Adoption, Personal Injury, and General Civil Litigation cases. The mission of the firm is to provide the best possible representation and service for our CLIENTS. Great customer service, flexible office hours, and payments plans are always available. Call for a free consultation! 757-447-4090
Managing Partner, Brian Thoman began practicing law in the Hampton Roads area after earning his law degree from the Regent University School of Law in 2006. After graduating, he practiced in the areas of criminal defense, traffic / DUI defense, family law, civil litigation, and bankruptcy. In July of 2007, Mr. Thoman became prosecutor for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and worked in the Newport News Office of the Commonwealth Attorney. During his tenure as a prosecutor, Mr. Thoman handled a variety of cases including criminal and traffic misdemeanors, juvenile and domestic crimes, drug possession and distribution crimes, white color felonies, arson, and violent adult felonies, such as burglary, robbery, all types of felonious assault, rape, and murder. During his 5 1/2 years as a prosecutor, Mr. Thoman successfully tried or negotiated THOUSANDS of cases in front of the General District Courts, Juvenile & Domestic District Courts, and Circuit Courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Mr. Thoman is licensed to practice in all courts in the Commonwealth in Virginia, The United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, and The United States District Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia. He is a Member of the American Bar Association, The Virginia Bar Association, and the Newport News Bar Association.
Mr. Thoman has taught attorneys, law enforcement officers, and law students at the Newport News Police Academy in seminars, and internships on various topics including criminal law and procedure, trial litigation skills and techniques, evidence, constitutional law, insurance fraud prosecution and investigation, and arson prosecution and investigation. He also participates in ongoing legal education programs to stay current on the latest information, changes and innovations in legal issues.
Brian D. Thoman, Esq.
4176 South Plaza Trail, Suite 234, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
11815 Fountain Way, Suite 300, Newport News, VA 23606
Legal Disclaimer: This may be considered AN ADVERTISEMENT or Advertising Material under the Rules of Professional Conduct governing lawyers in Virginia. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
- Regent University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- University of Strasbourg, France
- International Law
- Gettysburg College
- B.A. | Political Science / American Government & Law
- Managing Partner
- Thoman Law, PLLC
- - Current
- Sr. Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney
- Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney
- Lead arson prosecutor for the Newport News Commonwealth's Attorney's Office. Conducted jury trials on murders, assaults and maimings, robberies, firearm charges, B & E's, and Drug offenses. Worked with victims and witnesses in developing prospective criminal complaints and cases. Worked with investigators to help develop the factual basis' of cases to prepare for trial, direct the investigation, and to determine if additional evidence would be required. Extensive experience advising law enforcement officers on criminal law and procedure. Instructor at the Newport News Police Academy. Presented thousands of cases to the General District, Traffic, J&DR, and Circuit Courts, as well as accomplished in identifying cases for plea agreements and negotiating with opposing counsel.
- Associate Attorney
- Law Offices
- Criminal defense, traffic / DUI defense, family law, civil litigation, and bankruptcy.
- License to Practice Law
- Virginia State Bar
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to Law Enforcement
- Newport News Police Department
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- Newport News Bar Association
- - Current
- Virginia Bar Association
- - Current
- American Bar Association
- - Current
- Homeowners Association
- Free Consultation
Yes 30 Min. to 1 Hour, depending on the case type.
- Credit Cards Accepted
All Major Credit Cards
- Contingent Fees
Availabe on some cases.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Hourly ($200-$350/hour; depending on the case type), Retainer (Sometimes)
- Criminal Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury