Free Consultation: (201) 604-2432Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carmela Graciela Walrond

Carmela Graciela Walrond

Tax problem Solver - Free Consultation
  • Tax Law, Bankruptcy
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I work with clients to ease tax burdens and resolve tax cases. Many clients have piece of mind after cases are settled favorably. I have been successfully resolving a range of tax matters in front of the IRS, US Tax Court, and state agencies on behalf of my clients.

Areas of practice:
tax relief, innocent spouse, offer in compromise fresh start program, audit defense, foreign bank disclosure, IRS settlements, US Tax Court representation, and Chapter 7 bankruptcy only.

Rutgers School of Law-Camden
Rutgers School of Law-Camden Logo
Rutgers University - Newark
B.S. | Accounting
Rutgers University - Newark Logo
Professional Experience
JLD Tax Resolution Group
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Immigration Updates - Tax Issues in Immigration Cases, New Jersey State Bar Association Convention, Atlantic City, NJ
New Jersey State Bar Association
I was on a panel with immigration Judges and attorneys. I discusses tax issues in immigration cases. Specifically, apply for ITIN, arranging IA and filing offer in compromise applications, filing tax returns for prior years, removal of the revocation of passport so the person can travel.
United States Court Southern District of New York
United States Court Eastern District of New York
United States Tax Court
New Jersey District Court
New Jersey
Professional Associations
State Bar of New York  # 5372792
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of New Jersey  # 002572005
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New Jersey Courts
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
Practice Areas
Tax Law
Business Taxes, Income Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. U.S. citizen filing jointly with spouse but my wife doesn't have an SSN at the moment, will that be acceptable?
A: You can apply for an ITIN for your spouse by filing out a W-7 application. It is best to work with a professional when filing out the W-7 application. If the form is not prepared correctly, you can be rejected and will have to start the process over again. Please do not send your wife's passport by mail. There are other ways to process the W-7 application timely. I worked as the managing attorney of the tax department at an immigration firm for several years in New York City.
Q. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income. Yesterday I received 3 notices from the nys tax people. It seems they have gone
A: You can contact New York state to conduct a compliane check. If you do owe the taxes, you may qualify to file an offer in compromise to settle your tax debt.
Q. I owe TN over $200k for past sales tax returns. What are their options they may perform to collect if I live in MS.
A: You can submit an offer in compromise application with Tennessee Department of Revenue. Offer in compromise allows a settlement on your tax debt, if you can show your expenses are more than your income. You may be able to save alot of money in taxes. I hope this information helps you.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
JLD Tax Resolution Group
75 Montgomery St. Suite 202
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Telephone: (201) 604-2432