Free Consultation: (630) 250-8813Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carol Cadiz

Carol Cadiz

Personal service, personal injury law in Elgin. Your bilingual (Spanish) lawyer
  • Personal Injury
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Local, easy to work with Elgin attorney helping people with their personal injury cases. We handle the insurance company and their lawyers, so that our clients don't have to. We are a small firm which means that our clients do not get lost in the shuffle or treated as just another file. We handle car accidents, slip and falls, bike accidents, pedestrian accidents, etc.
Services available in Spanish, as we are fully bilingual. Serving the counties of Cook, Kane, DuPage and the surrounding Chicagoland area. Woman/ Minority owned.

DePaul College of Law
J.D. | LAW
DePaul College of Law Logo
Professional Experience
Attorney and Owner
O'Connor Cadiz Accident and Injury Law
- Current
Personal Injury law firm located in Elgin IL. We are fully bilingual in Spanish and are dedicated to helping people who were injured by no fault of their own. We help people deal with the insurance companies and their lawyers, and while we cannot help everyone, if we take on your case, we are 100% committed to you. We help people who were hurt in car accidents, who slipped or fell, who were hit by a car, were involved in a pedestrian accident, dog bites, etc. We are a small law firm and prefer to keep it that way in order to give personalized attention.
Articles & Publications
Finding the Devil - in the Details of your Disability Denial
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Heros and Icons GLM
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
7th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal Injury.
Practice Area
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I bought a property from someone and never received the deed. Can I sue them and get my money back for the deal?
A: There are many facts that are unclear from your question. For example, how long ago did you buy the property? Were there attorneys or a title company involved? If the closing went through all of the proper channels and you closed at the title company, they will have sent the deed to the county for recording - which can take a while. The deeds are usually then mailed back to the homeowner or to the attorney for the buyer. If you had a lawyer represent you, you should reach out to your attorney. Is it possible that the deed was recorded with the county but you simply never received a copy? This can be investigated with the recorder of deeds office in the county where the property was located. It would be wise to immediately find out who the current property owner is- according to the county. Hopefully it is you, and will just be a matter of requesting a copy of your deed. Otherwise, the situation could be more complex and you should consult with an attorney to determine next steps. ... Read More
Q. I know little about this. If I file for bankruptcy and want to keep my house; can I keep my mortgage obligations?
A: There are many nuances as to whether or not you can/should keep your house, and the amount that you owe on the house compared to its value also play into the bankruptcy equation, but the simple answer to this is that if you are keeping your house, you'd continue to pay the mortgage as usual.
Q. I'm in the process of buying a condo.
A: This is impossible to say with certainty without seeing the actual contract and the reason for "breaking" the contract. Most contracts will provide certain provisions whereby it is legally OK to walk away & get your earnest money back (I assume this is what you mean) but without a legally justifiable reason (as set forth in the contract) you likely risk all of your money being LOST and- again- this is specific to the contract- but you could be sued too. Hopefully you are not trying to buy real estate without a lawyer - so best bet is to discuss any concerns that you have with your lawyer as everything I just said is very general and might not apply to your situation. Best of l uck. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
O'Connor Cadiz Law
217 N. McLean Blvd.
Suite 2C
Elgin, IL 60123
Telephone: (630) 250-8813
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: By appointment only please