Free Consultation: (954) 404-8274Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carol Larmond Grant

Carol Larmond Grant

  • Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar  # 109916
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 109916
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Elder Law
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. As an heir should I sign the Petition for Letters of Administration if it has missing pages?
A: Thank you for your question. Usually, the only person who needs to sign the Petition for Administration is the person requesting to be appointed as the Personal Representative or Executor. In any event, you should not sign any documents without having them reviewed by an attorney and you definitely should never sign any documents with missing pages. As an heir, you should consider hiring your own attorney to represent your interests.

All the best.
Q. My dad suddenly passed and stepmom won't file will. Has homestead, 80acres in another county plus all his assets. Can I
A: My condolences to you and your family. Under Florida law, the original Will should be filed within 10 days after death. Do you have a copy of the Will? Does your stepmom have the original Will? Without a copy of the Will, you don't know if you are entitled to any of your father's assets. Under Florida law, a parent does not have to leave any of his assets to an adult child. You should check the clerk's docket in the county where your father died to ascertain if a probate case is open and if the Will was deposited.

You should retain a probate attorney to assist you with this matter. Best wishes.
Q. if im married can I change my will so when I die my husband doesn't get our marriage assets in state of Florida
A: If you are married in Florida your spouse is legally entitled to certain assets such as your Homestead and certain exempt property. Additionally, if you leave less than 30% of your estate to your spouse he can make an election against your estate. You should contact an estate planning attorney for additional information.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
4801 South University Drive
Suite 264/265
Davie, FL 33328
Telephone: (954) 404-8274
Fax: (954) 239-9666
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed