Free Consultation: (888) 909-1906Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles M.  Baron

Charles M. Baron

Law & Mediation Offices of Charles M. Baron, P.A. - Hollywood, Florida
  • Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Consumer Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Offering top-notch legal services in South Florida for over 36 years.

University of Florida
J.D. (1984) | Law
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
B.A. (1981) | Political Science
University of Florida Logo
Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Qualified Arbitrator
Florida Supreme Court
Professional Associations
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Lawyers Guild
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Broward County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Broward Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Lawyers Program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar  # 509825
- Current
Activities: Federal District Court, Federal Appeals Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent (percentage) fees offered in appropriate cases
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free consultations for some types of cases; otherwise, reasonable consultation fees.
Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Employment Law
Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Criminal Law
Expungement, Fraud, Theft
Animal & Dog Law
Arbitration & Mediation
Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Car Accidents
  • Slip & Fall
  • Police Misconduct/False Arrest
  • General Civil
  • Condominium Law
  • Discrimination
  • Handicap Rights
  • Malicious Prosecution
  • Finnish: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
  • Swedish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Neighbours dog come and attacked my cat (now it’s disable), can I sue without video prove ?
A: The first logical step here would be to submit a demand letter to the dog owner to demand payment of the vet bills by a certain date, failing which you will take legal action. Such a letter will probably have more impact if done by an attorney. If there is neither any witness nor video, though, the dog owner may of course balk, regardless of whether you have an attorney or not. You have the right to file suit (within the limitations period) and argue the circumstantial evidence, but without direct evidence (witness or video), you might not be successful. This might be a situation in which to make best attempts to seek an amicable resolution that is a compromise. If suit is filed, you will likely be required to mediate at some point. At mediation, the mediator talks to both sides to determine if there can be some amicable resolution and facilitates the communications/negotiations in that regard. Aside from your quest to recover the vet bills, your local Animal Control office may wish to investigate this matter and might issue a citation fining the dog owner, and once that's on the owner's record, future transgressions would be a big problem for that person, possibly even leading to removal of the dog from his possession. ... Read More
Q. judge wont respond to a motion to reconsider on a civil case. Is the 30 day for appeal clock running.
A: Your motion is probably not the type of motion that stops the clock for the appeal window, BUT whenever there's a question, "In my court case, is the clock running for me to ____?" or "What is my deadline to ____?", that's an issue that you should NOT rely on online answers/information for (including mine). You are in the territory of needing "official" legal advice that you can obtain only by directly consulting a lawyer (and you may need to pay a reasonable consultation fee). Contact a lawyer in your geographic area handling general practice or civil litigation. Also, since you are talking about a small claim, whatever office in your area handles legal aid/legal services for indigents possibly may be able to help as well. ... Read More
Q. Can I sue a hit & run driver that did not result in injuries?
A: As there is no bodily injury, I assume you are asking if you can sue the other driver for physical damage to your vehicle. Of course you can, and if someone else owns the vehicle, you can sue that owner as well. HOWEVER, the normal first step in this situation is to determine if the other driver and/or owner had insurance, and if so, set up an insurance claim, which could result in a settlement of the claim without you needing to sue. Also, there might be other damages directly associated with the vehicle damage (for example, depreciation in value) that may possibly be claimed as well. If the other driver had no insurance, and you had comp/collision coverage on your own insurance, you might want to go that route, though you'd have to pay a deductible (which you insurance co., on your behalf, might go after the other driver/owner for).

Another potential way to recover money for your vehicle damages is if the other driver is prosecuted because it was a hit and run, with the prosecutor seeking restitution. You'd need to talk to the prosecutor about that.
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Facebook Page
Contact & Map
Charles M. Baron, P.A. Law & Mediation Offices
2200 Hollywood Blvd.
Suite A
Hollywood, FL 33020
Toll-Free: (888) 909-1906
Telephone: (954) 919-5669
Fax: (305) 933-9992
Monday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointments outside of business hours are also available.