Claimed Lawyer ProfileBlawgsearch
Selected as Best Lawyer in Lawrence, Kansas three years in a row (2013, 2014, and 2015) by readers of the Lawrence Journal World.
- Albany Law School
- Honors: Winner of $500 New York Bar Association 1989 Legal Ethics Award at Albany law School for paper, “As the Cameras Roll (into the courtroom) Should DR-7-107 Fade Out?” Winner of $100 Rosch Prize at Albany Law School as graduate having highest standing in subject of Administrative Law. Student member, Albany Inn of Court, 8/88 to 6/89.
- University of Kentucky
- B.A | Journalism
- Adjunct Professor -- LGBTQ legal seminar
- University of Kansas School of Law
- - Current
- Managing Attorney
- The Law Offices of David J. Brown, LC
- - Current
- Managing Attorney for law firm focusing on family law, criminal law, wills, trusts, estate planning, small business law, and appellate practice. Office opened in August 1992. Served as Douglas County Judge pro tem 1999 and 2000 (small claims and protection from abuse), 2000 (traffic), 2002 and 2003 (small claims). Served as part-time hearing officer, State Department of Health and Environment, 1993. Served on Douglas County criminal appointment panels 1992-1999. Served on Douglas County Juvenile Defense panel: 1994-1996.
- Kansas State Bar
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Appeals & Appellate
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- English: Spoken, Written
Contact & Map