David Lee Wells brings to each case the commitment and knowledge that has lead to his former service as the Clay County Bar President. He has taught Missouri lawyers, Judges and Prosecuting Attorneys. Wells has earned an AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell, the highest level of recognition they award. He was named to the list of Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Wells is a columnist for Wide Open Motorcycle Magazine writing, "Law for Bikers." He is a lifetime member of Ducks Unlimited. He was the founder and director of the Ducks Unlimited National Wildlife Artshow. He was honored in being inducted into the Waterfowlers Hall of Fame and in 2013 received the S. Preston William Conservationist of the Year Award.
He has been an elected chair for the 30th Representative District and the 34th Senatorial District for the Democratic Party of Missouri.
-Undergraduate: William Jewell College - Liberty, Missouri - Lambda Chi Alpha
-Law School: University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law - Phi Delta Phi
-Admitted: 1967, Missouri
David Lee Wells is a member of the Clay County Bar Association, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Missouri Bar Association, Platte County Bar Association. He is also a long time member of the North Kansas City Masons at Alpha Lodge 659 and a member of the Ararat Shrine.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Attorney's Liens, The Missouri Bar Family Law Conference , 2001
- Medical Child Support New Dawn New Danger parts 1 and 2, Missouri Bar Journal, 1995
- QMCSO's The Forgotten Issue, The Missouri Bar , 1995
- Continuing Legal Education, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- Missouri Family Law Formbook, Contributing Author
- Law for Bikers, Columnist, Wide Open Motorcycle Magazine 2004 to present
- KC Ride Guide, 2015