Free Consultation: (407) 841-5555Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eric J Dirga

Eric J Dirga

Removing the Past for a Better Tomorrow
  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Eric J Dirga has practice law in the Central Florida area since he was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1995. He spent four years with the Office of the State Attorney in the 9th Judicial Circuit before opening his own practice.

Since 2002, Eric J Dirga has focused his practice in three areas that all stem from his experience with criminal laws; criminal defense, criminal record expungements and sealings, and traffic related issues including tickets and criminal traffic crimes.

His extensive knowledge of sections 943.0585 and 943.059, Florida Statutes (Expungement and Sealing statutes) has made him one of the leading experts in this field of Florida law. He has written the do-it-yourself book on the subject ("Erase Your Record" at Amazon) for people who try to expunge or seal their own record.

Eric J DIrga spent four years serving his country in the United States Army. His education includes the Defense Language Institute, in Monterey, California, and the University of Florida, College of Law.

University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
Placeholder image for education.
Defense Language Institute
Certificate (1985) | Czech
The Defense Language Institute (DLI) is a United States Department of Defense (DoD) educational and research institution consisting of two separate entities which provide linguistic and cultural instruction to the Department of Defense, other Federal Agencies and numerous customers around the world.
Activities: Co. D Basketball Team, Ft. Ord Playoffs.
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Sole Shareholder
Eric J Dirga PA
- Current
Private practice devoted to criminal defense, traffic tickets, and personal injury litigation. Including criminal records expungements.
Assistant State Attorney
State Attorneys Office
Misdemeanor, Appellant, Juvenile, Felony Prosecutor
Articles & Publications
Erase Your Record
Create Space
Professional Associations
United States Supreme Court
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal Court, Middle District of Florida
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 56413
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    We have free consultations for specific active criminal cases. For issues outside of this, we may have a consultation fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We utilize a secure online network. It will accept MC, Visa, Discover Card, and American Express as well as debit cards.
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingence fees are accepted with our Personal Injury partners.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    We accept other forms of payment, including cash, Western Union, money orders, and certified checks. We do not accept personal checks.
Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Additional Practice Area
  • Criminal Record Expungements
Legal Answers
Q. I would like to sue the city of Maitland for red light cameras with shortened yellow traffic lights
A: I deal with the tickets. I will agree that the entire Red Light Camera debacle is a scam for money, not safety. When we were able to fight these and win on the evidence (or lack thereof) things were good. That ended around 2013. After that, all the attitudes of the judges and hearing officers changed. All of a sudden the evidence was let in.

The shortened amber light times that came into effect right as the state law was enacted was suspicious. Changing the amber times required an administrative code change which usually takes about a year with all the required hearings. In fact, there has never been an administrative code regulating these cameras. Instead, a letter dated December 16, 2010, was issued.

When they amended the statute around 2012, they adopted the administrative hearings that you dealt with. Another total scam. These are true Kangaroo courts. Run by the municipalities that benefit from the cameras and hearing officers hired by the municipalities. People taking their notice of violations there never have a chance.

In my 24 years of criminal practice, I have never seen anything as filthy in the court system as these cameras. Hearsay is overlooked. The enforcement officer doesn't need to introduce any evidence regarding date of violation, who was driving the vehicle, etc.

Suing the City would probably be just throwing your money away. You need to discuss that with a civil lawyer. A better option would be to do what the small group of people in Apopka did and protest. Apopka no longer has cameras and that, to me, is shocking. Law enforcement was very pro camera there. Once a mayor won who ran on getting rid of the cameras, the entire city council fell in line.

Good Luck

Eric J Dirga

Eric J Dirga, PA
... Read More
Q. florida law is it legal to coherse someone encompacitated to sign a document changing their will and get poa at same tim
A: If it can be shown that a Will or a Power of Attorney was signed by coercion or by a person not mentally competent, it should be disregarded. This decision is by a court and you have to raise this in that forum. Find a lawyer that practices estate planning for further guidance.
Q. Is there a limit as to how long a restraining order can last?
A: The term of a "restraining order" (also known as an Order for Protection Against Violence) is set by the issuing judge. This can be extended or shortened by the court. Typically, any modification of the term of the order is done with notice to the victim/petitioner.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Eric J Dirga PA
733 West Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
Telephone: (407) 841-5555
Cell: (407) 434-1858
Fax: (407) 841-9090