(562) 426-9500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Gary Alan JacksonJACKSON & JACKSON
- Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
I have a strong interest in medicine and the law. Workers compensation law is a natural fit for me and I am blessed to be able to work with both doctors and lawyers every day. My interest in medicine definitely provides me an edge, a greater understanding, of my clients injuries and how the long term effects of a work injury can dramatically impact the ability to work and earn a living. in my practice of work comp law I am routinely questing doctors about their diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plans. This is very challenging yet very rewarding and it certainly results in consistently better and more just settlements for our clients.
- Univ of West Los Angeles
- Law Degree
- JACKSON & JACKSON
- - Current
- California State Bar  # 168947
- - Current
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Contingent Fees
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Q. how do i look up worker comp law cases?
- A: Buy a subscription to a law publisher that publishes opinions.
- Q. Do l continue to get my biweekly workers compensation benefits from the insurance company?
- A: you don't have an attorney to represent you and take control of your case so the insurance company has total control and you are at their mercy. you are acting as your own attorney, but you don't know the rules of the game. they do. you should consult an attorney asap. you have rights that are not being asserted and you don't know what the doctors should be including in their medical opinions. it cost you nothing out of pocket to hire an attorney and the insurance company has an attorney. fees are no more than 15% of the settlement amount and no fees are taken from your wage loss payments. it is foolish not to hire an attorney, but it is your right to represent yourself and fight blind and naked for your rights!
- Q. If I was injured during work, is my only choice for compensation Workers comp? Why couldn't I get a private attorney?
- A: you have a very valuable work injury case. you have the right to hire a workers compensation attorney of your choice. it costs nothing to hire a work comp attorney. you may be permanently totally disabled under the work comp law. you should consult with a very experienced work comp attorney to discuss your work comp case and your potential SIBTF case. the SIBTF case is nearly always more valuable than the underlying work comp case. do not hire a work comp attorney that does not handle a lot of SIBTF cases as well. you must carefully coordinate the two and also consider SSDI and potential pension or retirement benefits. we cant solicit your business here so you will have to call one of us yourself. thank you for your excellent question.
Contact & Map