Geoffrey L. ChesnutAttorney at Red Rock Legal Services, P.L.L.C.
- Bankruptcy, Collections, Consumer Law ...
Geoffrey L. Chesnut has been focused on representing individual and business debtors in Chapters 7, 13 and 11 bankruptcies since he was admited to the Utah bar in 2008. He has quickly established a reputation among other attorneys, bankruptcy trustees and the bankruptcy court as an efficient, effective and knowledgable advocate for his clients.
He receives regular referrals from the large well-known firms such as Durham Jones & Pinegar; Clarkson Beckstrom Draper and Snow Jensen & Reese, who feel comfortable sending their clients in need of bankruptcy assistance to consult with Geoffrey.
While in law school Geoffrey was a law clerk for the Honorable Sally Schneider Duncan of the Arizona Superior Court in Maricopa County, where he drafted a reference guide for the court concerning new sentencing guidelines. Mr. Chesnut was a member of the Moot Court team sent by Arizona State University to the Dean Jerome Prince Competition held in Brooklyn, New York, where he competed both on and off brief for the team.
Mr. Chesnut recently spearheaded the defense of a couple in bankruptcy whose home owners association was attempting to collect HOA fees due after they filed bankruptcy. In a written opinion by Chief Judge William T. Thurman, the position taken by Mr. Chesnut was upheld and the court held that HOA fees can be discharged in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Geoffrey recently finished his first marathon. He is married, a father of one and has a dog and seven chickens.
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law