Attorney, private practice. I handle civil litigation and also advise and counsel primarily in the areas below.
* I represent clients (both defendants and corporate plaintiffs) in antitrust litigation. On the defense side, I have represented clients in private suits, class action litigation, class action opt-out litigation, and government actions.
* I routinely work on claims involving pricing, price fixing, below-cost pricing, information exchanges, monopolization, attempted monopolization, and unfair competition.
* I often work on cases at the intersection of antitrust and competition law and intellectual property (“IP”) law -- particularly on cases involving patents.
* I have worked on the responses to numerous government subpoenas (including grand jury subpoenas), civil investigative demands (“CIDs”), and Hart-Scott-Rodino (“HSR”) second requests.
* I work on cases at all levels of the judicial system, from trial courts to appellate courts.
I provide counseling on, among other things:
* Exclusive dealing
* Joint ventures
* Information exchange issues
* Product tying
* Intellectual property (“IP”) licensing
* Distributor or supplier terminations
* Price discrimination, resale price maintenance, minimum advertised price programs, and below-cost pricing
* Distribution system structure
* Market concentration and market definition
* The application of state unfair antitrust and competition laws
* Other related issues
Antitrust, unfair competition, intellectual property (“IP”) law, complex litigation
?My industry sector experience includes computer hardware and software, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, health care, energy, banking, and retail.
- Harvard Law School
- magna cum laude
- University of Chicago
- B.A. (1989)
- Of Counsel
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- UCL Claims May See a Surge: Recent Decisions Have Lowered the Pleading Hurdle for Plaintiffs Alleging They Were Misled by Product Labeling
- The Recorder
- Activities: Taught trial practice.
- Taft, Stettinius & Hollister LLP
- Activities: Litigation and business law.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Law Clerk
- Activities: Law Clerk to the Honorable David Nelson.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Antitrust and Competition
- Antitrust and Compliance Counseling
- Commercial Litigation
- High Stakes Litigation
- International Antitrust
- Mergers and Acquisitions Litigation
- Private Antitrust Litigation
- Proposition 65 Counseling and Defense
- English: Spoken, Written
- Russian: Spoken