Book a Free 30-Minute Consultation with a Bold Patents Attorney: https://www.calendly.com/bold-patents
J.D. Houvener is a Registered USPTO Patent Attorney who has a strong interest in helping entrepreneurs and businesses thrive. J.D. leverages his technical background in engineering and experience in the aerospace industry to provide businesses a unique perspective to their patent needs. J.D. works with clients that are serious about investing in their intellectual assets and provides counsel on how to capitalize their patent in the market. His background in business and experience as an engineer and patent attorney empowers him to clearly communicate to a broad range of clients about their immediate and long-term needs for patenting in order to protect assets, leverage opportunities, and limit liabilities. Some key areas of the patent prosecution practice are: patentability searches, patent applications, office actions, infringement opinions, post-grant actions and consultation on patent strategy and portfolio management.
J.D.’s passion for business and technology started well before he began his legal career. J.D. worked as an engineer at Boeing for nearly 10 years. J.D. spent his time at Boeing in payloads design, regulatory compliance, systems integration and project management on the new 787 airplane. J.D. brings this experience earned at the cutting edge of technology to his clients by recognizing the complexities and subtleties of the problems being solved today.
Academically, J.D. has earned a law degree and an MBA from Seattle University. J.D. earned his law degree in the evening program, while working full-time at Boeing. He focused his coursework on intellectual property law and clinic courses where he applied his newfound knowledge to help small businesses.
- Seattle University
- J.D. (2014) | Intellectual Property
- Activities: IP Society - Secretary
- Seattle University
- MBA (2010) | Entreprenuership & Business Finance
- University of Washington
- B.S. (2007) | Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineer
- Design, Integration and Certification of Commercial Jet Liners.
- Legal Workshop for Small Businesses, Legal Workshop for Small Businesses, Townsquared, Seattle, WA
- IP experts cover what you should know about: - Legal contracts - Opening additional locations - Management issues - Employee disputes - Agency audits and investigations - Intellectual Property issues – copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets
- Registered Patent Attorney; #72087
- Professional Engineer
- License; #48930
- Client's Choice
- The number of client reviews earned me the Client's Choice Award. Earning this award was made apparent by an email notification I received from Avvo, and allowed me to display a badge on my profile representing my earned award. You are awarded the Clients' Choice badge if you receive five or more 4+ star reviews in a calendar year. It links to your Avvo profile.
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association # 48159
- Federal Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
- Trade Secrets
- English: Spoken, Written
We strive to serve everyone from solo entrepreneurs and small businesses to fortune 500 companies with our IP services. Bold Patents focuses on intellectual property law, including Patent Prosecution & Litigation, IP Licensing, Trademarks, Copyright, & Trade Secrets. Because we know for many start-ups and emerging businesses, protecting your IP is a big deal. Therefore, after getting to know you, your company, and the big picture, Bold Patents attorneys and agents will be better positioned to help you leverage your company’s intellectual property assets and turn them into bottom-line profits. You Can Change the World! Go Big! Go Bold!