Free Consultation: (206) 236-1500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jadrian Michael Coppieters

Jadrian Michael Coppieters

Scarff Law Firm PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Tax Law
  • New York, Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Georgetown University Law Center
LL.M. (2018) | Tax
Honors: Nelson T. Hartson Memorial Award
Activities: LL.M. Tax Council, Wealth and Estate Planning Committee Chair
Georgetown University Law Center Logo
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. (2018)
Honors: Mary Moers Wenig 2017 Student Writing Competition, 2nd Prize
Activities: The Georgetown Law Journal, Administrative Editor
Georgetown University Law Center Logo
Western Washington University
B.A. (2014) | Politics/Philosophy/Economics
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Scarff Law Firm PLLC
- Current
Reed Smith LLP
Articles & Publications
Trust Planning and the Washington Capital Gains Tax
Seattle University Law Review SUpra
The Omitted Spouse: New Estate Planning Techniques for Jewish Clients
Speaking Engagements
Fundamentals of Trusts, Washington Trusts 101, Webcast
Trust Tax Issues in Divorce, Family Lawyer's Guide to Taxes, Webcast
Tax Issues in Probate Administration, Washington Probate and Trust Administration, Webcast
Removing Racially Restrictive Covenants from Deeds in Virginia, Webcast
Reed Smith LLP
Mary Moers Wenig Student Writing Competition, 2nd Prize
American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
Professional Associations
Washington State Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Estate & Gift Tax Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 5737473
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Washington State Bar Association
ID Number: 55779
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Tax Law
Estate Tax Planning, International Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
Legal Answers
Q. What can I do to obtain W2-G's for my deceased mother so I can file her taxes?
A: If you opened probate and had "Letters Testamentary" the casino would likely honor that, but that is a hassle if there's no need to open probate. You may be able to obtain a "Wage and Income Transcript" from the IRS, which shows reported W2s, but it will take some time for the W2s to be processed and show up on the transcript.

You would need a Form 56 and Form 4506-T. The IRS has a page here about obtaining information for deceased taxpayers (
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Scarff Law Firm PLLC
Contact & Map
Scarff Law Firm, PLLC
3035 Island Crest Way
Suite 201
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Telephone: (206) 236-1500
Fax: (206) 905-5912
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed