Janel F. Chin provides comprehensive legal guidance to clients as they navigate the peaks and valleys of their lives. More than just a will, a contract or documents to probate an estate, Janel provides her clients with comprehensive legal services and guidance to help them navigate the peaks and valleys of their lives. Janel's legal experiences since becoming a member of the Montana State Bar in 2012 have been focused exclusively on providing family, estate planning and probate legal services at a reasonable cost.
Formerly admitted to practice law in Colorado, Janel has experience representing to non-immigrant crime victims applying for "u-visas as well as in the Broomfield District Attorney's Office where she made weekly court appearances on misdemeanor traffic cases and witnessed Deputy District Attorneys on traffic, domestic violence and sexual assault cases.
Previously, at the University of Colorado's Institute for Ethical and Civic Engagement Janel served as an "Outreach Coordinator." There she developed programs addressing high school retention and student access to post-secondary education.
Alternative dispute resolution has been an area of focus for Janel during her undergraduate and legal education. Janel spent several years as a facilitator with the a restorative justice program at the University of Colorado guiding students through the process of forming reparative agreements to start the process of repairing the harms they had caused. Janel also received mediation training through Boulder Community Mediation Services.
Janel supplemented both my environmental science and legal educations with work as a Research Associate and Research Assistant. Most of the projects she worked on dealt with Federal Indian law and natural resource management disputes.
Janel and her family enjoy living in Missoula where she is kept busy with her law practice and volunteer activities in the community.
- Of Counsel
- Matrium Law Group
- Provided comprehensive legal services to estate planning, probate and family law clients at Matrium Law Group, PLLC. MLG is a small law firm, located in Missoula, Montana that specializes in estate planning, family law, elder law and probate.
- Outreach Coordinator
- University of Colorado Institute for Ethical and Civic Engagement
- Supported university and community initiatives to address high school retention and access to post-secondary education. Cultivated partnerships between Colorado colleges and universities and under-served high schools. Develop school-based civic education programs. Coordinated events and initiatives to engage and educate the campus and community on access and retention issues.
- Law Clerk
- Broomfield District Attorney's Office
- Made weekly court appearances on misdemeanor traffic cases and witnessed Deputy District Attorneys on traffic, domestic violence and sexual assault cases.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I am happy to work with preferred to ensure that my legal fees are reasonable and offer payments plans.
- Estate Planning
- Native American Law
- Family Law