- Emory University School of Law
- J.D. (1993)
- Honors: Dean's Public Service Award
- Owner/Lead Attorney
- Law Office of John L. Welsh II
- * Former member of the Emory University School of Law Trial Techniques Faculty; * Former Special Assistant Attorney General for the Department of Family and Children Services (DFACS) for in their Child & Adult Protective Services cases; * Estate Planning which includes the creation & administration of Trusts (all types including Special Needs Trust), Wills, Advance Directives for Healthcare and/or Powers of Attorney for Financial Affairs; * Probate Court & Juvenile Court on Guardianships and/or Conservatorships of Adults and Minors; * Court Appointed by the Probate Court to act as Guardian ad Litem or Attorney for Incapacitated Adults and/or Involuntary Committal Proceedings; * Family matters in Superior Courts such as Divorce, Custody, & Child Support. * Often appointed by Superior Court Judges as Guardian ad Litem in disputed Child Custody/Visitation matters.
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- 11th Circuit
Initial consultation/interview for those seeking representation, or for a consultation only the first 1/2 hour is free. For those that need more than 1/2 hr, $125.00/1/2 hr after the first 1/2 hr. Those that subsequently hire me will receive a credit for consultation fees paid (up to $250.00) on their account.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
A list of fees/retainers is available on request.
- Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Elder Law
- Social Security Disability
- Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests