Jonathan GoldsteinThe Goldstein Law Firm, P.C.
- Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Employment Law ...
- California, District of Columbia, Nevada
JONATHAN A. GOLDSTEIN graduated with Honors form the George Washington University School of Law. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Johns Hopkins University with a major in Political Science and a minor in Women's Studies.
Mr. Goldstein served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice A. William Maupin of the Nevada Supreme Court.
Mr. Goldstein is licensed to practice law in the States of California, Nevada and in the District of Columbia. He is admitted to the bars of the U.S. Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Southern District Court of California, the Northern District Court of California, and the Central District Court of California. He is also a member in good standing with the American Bar Association.
Mr. Goldstein practices in the areas of labor and employment law in both advising clients and litigating cases filed against employers in the public and private sector. He handles labor and employment matters dealing with hiring, firing, contracts, racial discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, wage and hour violations, OSHA violations, business litigation, trade secret violations and unfair business practices, labor relations issues, including union campaigns, unfair labor practices, and collective bargaining agreements, as well as a host of other related areas. Mr. Goldstein also conducts training seminars for employers dealing with a variety of issues in the workplace including, but not limited to, proper workplace investigation tactics, sexual harassment training, assessing threats from troublesome employees, and how to actively defend against merit less litigation by vexatious employees.
Mr. Goldstein served as an adjunct law professor at Western State University College of Law where he lectured on topics including Sexual Harassment Law. Mr Goldstein has also served as an adjunct law professor at Rio Hondo Community College.
Since 2009, Mr. Goldstein has served as a Judge Pro Tem to the Superior Court of Riverside County.
Mr. Goldstein has lectured extensively on topics concerning labor and employment law at UCLA, California State College in Los Angeles, as well at junior colleges in Los Angeles County. He has spoken on these topics to a variety of trade organizations, including but not limited to, Professionals in Human Resources (PIHRA), California Public Employees Labor Relations Association (CAL-PELRA), Southern California Metal Finishers Association, Employment Development Division-Merced (EDD), and several Chambers of Commerce.
- The George Washington University Law School
- Attorney At Law
- The Goldstein Law Firm, P.C.
- - Current
- The Goldstein Law Firm is nationally recognized as a premier leader in all areas of employment and labor law. Our firm participates in all aspects of employment and labor litigation and arbitration by aggressively defending public and private employers. The Firm's practice occupies a wide variety of areas of litigation, including but not limited to labor and employment matters dealing with hiring, firing, contracts, racial discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, wage and hour violations, OSHA violations, business litigation, trade secret violations and unfair business practices, labor relations issues, including union campaigns, unfair labor practices, and collective bargaining agreements, as well as a host of other related areas. The Goldstein Law Firm’s partners are known for giving management practical and useable legal strategies on how to make cost-effective labor and employment decisions in a litigious environment. The Goldstein Law Firm’s partners are also known for giving management successful litigation strategies to meet their objectives. The Goldstein Law Firm offers a wide variety of customized training programs and seminars. These training programs and seminars are tailored to meet the individual needs of employers and can cover any labor and employment law subject in full-day workshops; half-day discussion groups; weekend seminars; or any other format.
- District of Columbia Bar
- - Current
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- Free Consultation
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Workers' Compensation
- English: Spoken, Written