Jonathan is a Senior Attorney for Chapman Law Group’s Miami Office and represents clients nationally in the areas of health care fraud and abuse, Federal investigations, DEA registration matters, criminal defense, and physician licensing defense. He is part of the Firm’s White-Collar Defense & Government Investigations Group.
Experienced in complex and high-profile matters, Jonathan has obtained dismissals, not guilty verdicts, and other favorable results for many doctors, nurses, and health care professionals facing prison and license suspensions. In his 24 years of experience in criminal defense, he has represented thousands of clients, participated in over 70 jury trials, and obtained dozens of not guilty verdicts, including 3 murder cases.
Jonathan makes frequent media appearances. A quick Google search shows many of his recent cases which have been covered nationally. One of his murder trials was televised live on CNN’s Court TV and featured on A&E Network’s “After the First 48” crime documentary series.
Jonathan was born in Boston, Massachusetts and moved to Miami-Dade County in 1987. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Advertising and Political Science from the University of Miami. He obtained his law degree from the City University of New York School of Law. Beginning his legal career as a trial lawyer with the Public Defender’s Office in Miami, Jonathan handled thousands of cases defending clients charged with serious felony crimes such as robbery, kidnapping, drug trafficking, sex offenses, and murder.
Jonathan is currently serving his second term as a Councilman in the Village of Miami Shores. He works on major projects and infrastructure improvements including community growth, land use, finances, education, strategic planning, parks, recreation, police, and public safety. He is especially focused on the environment, sustainability, and green projects.
- City University of New York - Queens College
- University of Miami
- B.S. | Advertising & Marketing
- Honors: Iron Arrow Honor Society
- Senior Attorney
- Chapman Law Group
- Eleventh Circuit Private Court Appointed Counsel Screening Committee
- Florida Bar Lawyers Advising Lawyers Mentoring Panel Member (Formerly SCOPE)
- Ensuring Equal Justice Domestic Violence Pro Bono Program
- Miami Shores Village Council
- - Current
- Activities: erves a member of the legislative branch and policy-making body of city government, focusing on major projects and infrastructure improvements ranging from community growth to land use to finances, education, strategic planning, parks, recreation, police and public safety. Sits on the Police Officers Retirement System Board of Trustees and the Dade-Miami Criminal Justice Council.
- Greater Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce
- Past President
- Miami Shores Village Recreation Department Advisory Board
- Past Chair
- The SEED School of Miami / Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe, Inc. / The CHARLEE Program
- Pro Bono Attorney Participation
- The Florida Bar
- Federal Courts in Florida: U.S. District Courts for Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- White Collar Crime
- Health Care Law
- Criminal Law