Selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a "Rising Star," Karthik Krishnan has emerged as one of the premiere young criminal defense and DUI attorneys in Los Angeles County.
The criminal system can be a stressful and insensitive place, where your voice is not heard. However, that is not the case with Karthik. The focus of his representation is his clients and what they need.
"I want to tell the client's story," he says.
Karthik graduated from Loyola Law School Los Angeles where he honed his craft in the criminal justice system. As a law student, Karthik was a certified law clerk with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office where he was assigned to the Hardcore Gang Unit and the Preliminary Hearings Unit. He was responsible for interviewing witnesses, researching case law, and litigating preliminary hearings in several areas of criminal law, including felony drug cases and assault and battery cases.
Karthik also trained with the William Hobbs Trial Advocacy Program where he spent a year learning and gaining expertise in the many aspects of presenting a trial. Karthik also interned with the Los Angeles City Attorney and later clerked with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. In both positions, he specialized in consumer protection.
Since joining the Shouse Law Group, Karthik carries a caseload that varies in both substance and in location. Using the skills he's developed, he has represented clients on a broad gamut of issues, from misdemeanors to felonies. He has successfully gotten dismissals in cases ranging from driving under the influence to theft to resisting arrest. Karthik primarily practices in downtown Los Angeles, Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, and Van Nuys.
Karthik is a loyal resident of Los Angeles and spends his free time visiting the city's many food venues and fervently supporting the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and the Los Angeles Kings.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- University of California - Irvine
- B.A. | English, Anthropology
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Shouse Law Group
- - Current
- Defend clients in misdemeanor, felony, DUI and juvenile cases across Los Angeles County.
- Certified Law Clerk
- Los Angeles District Attorney's Office
- Conducted both misdemeanor and felony preliminary hearings; Drafted responses to motions for suppression, responses to motions for new trials, Evidence Code 1101(b) (5) motions; Conducted legal research and draft memoranda on various areas of criminal law; Interviewed victims and witnesses.
- Law Clerk
- Los Angeles City Attorney's Office
- Conducted legal research on penal code, labor code, and education code violations, and drafted memoranda; Drafted jury instructions; Attended depositions and drafted deposition summaries; Reviewed case files and composed evidence charts of fraudulent activity of potential Defendants.
- Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 10% of Lawyers in the U.S.A.
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- - Current
- 9th Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- Personal Injury
- Traffic Tickets
- Shouse Law Group - California Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Shouse Law Group Blog
SB 383: Making it easier to get arrest records sealed and destroyed in CaliforniaCalifornia's Premiere Legal Defense Team
California's Premiere Criminal Defense TeamKarthik Krishnan -- Criminal Defense Attorney for Shouse Law Group
Profile VideoDUI Laws: Where can I drive on a restricted license?
Restricted license after a California DUI: Where can I drive?Is it Auto Burglary if I break into a trunk?
Is it auto burglary if I break into a trunk?