Free Consultation: (215) 366-7839Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kathy Bloom

Kathy Bloom

Attorney, Mediator, and Parenting Coordinator
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Bloom is a collaboratively trained attorney who uses alternative methods of dispute resolution to keep parties out of court and help them resolve their issues in a constructive and productive manner. Similarly, she is trained in advanced methods of mediation and acts as a neutral mediator to help parties resolve their legal issues amicably. Ms. Bloom is a member of the Collaborative Law Professionals of Southeastern Pennsylvania and serves as an officer on their Executive Board. She is also associated with the Center for Peaceful Resolution, a group of collaborative attorney-mediators otherwise known as Lawyers with Heart.

It is her belief that clients deserve respect, courtesy, and cooperation while dealing with life altering issues, such as divorce, custody, and support, purchasing or selling a home, or executing a will or power of attorney. While acting as a compassionate advocate, Ms. Bloom combines the unique ability to provide simple explanations of complex issues, and strives to make the process as painless as possible. She understands the need to fight when it is necessary, negotiate when it is appropriate, and compromise when it is required.

Professional Experience
Amicable Ambassador Greater Philadelphia Region
Amicable Divorce Network
- Current
Adjunct Professor
Widener University Delaware School of Law
- Current
Speaking Engagements
The Future of Collaborative Law, New Jersey Collaborative Law Group Retreat, Lambertville Inn, Lambertville, New Jersey
New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
Parenting Coordinator
Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Collaborative Law Professional
International Association of Collaborative Professionals
Professional Associations
Collaborative Law Professionals of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Executive Board, Secretary
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Montgomery Bar Association Collaborative Law Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
International Association of Collaborative Professionals
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Center for Peaceful Resolution (Lawyers with Heart)
Attorney / Mediator
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
ID Number: 201518
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free half hour consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Collaborative Law
  • Mediation
Legal Answers
Q. If a mother is keeping the child away from the father, what can the father do so that he can see he child?
A: If there is not custody order, father will have to file a custody complaint seeking custody. If there is a custody order and mom is violating that order, dad can file a petition for contempt. He can also file to modify the order and seek more custody time. His best bet is to consult with a local family law attorney.
Q. I am looking into a divorce no fault. I would like to know what my options. We have no items to separate.
A: You can get a no fault divorce under Sections 3301(c) or (d) of the divorce code. For a 3301(d) divorce, you need to have been separated for at least a year at the time you ask the court to file the record. For a (c) you do not have to be separated before you file, but you need to wait for 90 days from the time the complaint is filed until you ask the court to transmit the record. Both parties need to sign a consent to the divorce for a (c). Only the filing party needs to sign for a (d). You have to follow specific procedures for both of the no-fault divorces. For a (d) the non-moving party may object to the divorce by claiming you have not been separated for a year, or that the marriage is not irretrievably broken. That party can also make economic claims, even if you think there are not any claims to make. If one party makes more money than the other, that party can ask for alimony after the divorce is final, and can even ask for alimony pendente lite while the divorce is pending. Even for a simple no fault divorce, you should get the help of an experienced family law attorney who will do it correctly. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Babylon Business Campus
955 Horsham Road
Suite 307
Horsham, PA 19044
Telephone: (215) 366-7839
Fax: (215) 710-8141