Free Consultation: (978) 412-2141Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kim Carnevale

Kim Carnevale

CARNEVALE LAW OFFICES free consultation - call: (978) 412-2141
  • Animal & Dog Law, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
New England Law | Boston
J.D. (1992) | Law
Honors: Dean' List; 1989 Trustee's Academic Scholarship; 1990 Best Advocate Moot Court Award; 1992 American Jurisprudence Award.
Activities: Moot court; Student Prosecutor District court and Appeals
New England Law | Boston Logo
George Washington University
Bachelor of Arts (1988) | Pre-Law.
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Carnevale Law Offices
- Current
Contract Attorney
Boston Law Firms - i.e. Cooley, LLP; Steven Zlochiver & Assocs.; Scott Marks, P.C.
Nigro, Pettepit & Lucas, LLP
SRIS LAW GROUP, P.C.(Boston cases/VA based firm)
Bar Advocate Attorney
Essex County Bar Advocates, Inc.
Certified as Bar Advocate to accept court-appointed criminal cases, representing indigent clients in criminal defense of misdemeanors and felonies.
Prosecutor, MA Superior and District courts - major felonies
District Attorney's Office, Essex County, MA
Superior court Prosecutor; Supervisor Lawrence District Court & Jury Sessions; Supervisor Newburyport District Court Jury Session
Speaking Engagements
Instructor, Presenting Forensic Evidence at Trial, State Police, Sudbury, MA
Conducted Mock Trial Demonstration of Introducing Forensic Evidence at Trial
Prosecution Specialist, Child Abuse Conference, Lawrence, MA
District Attorney's Office, Essex County
Presenter/Lead Coordinator, Statewide Training for Mandated Reporters, Salem, MA
Disabled Persons Protection Commission
Bar Advocate Attorney
Committee for Public Counsel Services/Essex County Bar Advocates, Inc.
Bank Lending Agent
Straub & Lyons, P.C.
Outstanding Trial Attorney
Essex County District Attorney's Office
American Jurisprudence Award
New England Law
Professional Associations
Essex County Bar Associaiton
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 561140
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
ID Number: 561140
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
Practice Areas
    Animal & Dog Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    White Collar Crime
    DUI & DWI
    Juvenile Law
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • English
  • Russian
  • Spanish
Legal Answers
Q. If someone's been watching my dog while I look for a new place, old one sold. Can they try and keep my dog
A: You should ask for your dog back and find someone else if you still do not have a place. If this person refuses, you should not wait to take legal action. Dogs and other companion animals are still considered property in Massachusetts, so the person will have to return your dog to you unless the court finds that you have abandonned or abused the dog. Whether a court would order this person to return your dog depends upon your agreement. The more you can show that your agreement was for this person to care for your dog ONLY while you found a place, that the pandemic prolonged your ability to take the dog back, that you had regular contact with this person and your dog, and any monies or care that you provided during this time, the more likely you are to have the court order the dog be returned to you.
Q. My rights with animal control massachusetts
A: Animal control should release the dog to you once you provide proof of ownership - dog license, photos, whatever you have - provided the officer believes that someone else, not you, left you dog tied for hours and that you did not neglect or abuse your dog. You should be aware that animal control officers in Massachusetts are typically police officers. They not only have the right to keep your dog if they find neglect or abuse, but also to bring criminal charges against the person who tied your dog and left him/her for hours under the animal cruelty laws - for example - dog was left in cold weather, tied for a long time without water, etc. If animal control is not returning your dog, then you should act quickly to protect your dog and yourself. As with any criminal investigation, you are best advised to have legal counsel before speaking with the police.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
2 Margin Street
Unit 383
Salem, MA 01970
Telephone: (978) 412-2141
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Available 24/7 for emergencies.