Kristen Greenwood

Kristen Greenwood

  • Criminal Law, Business Law, DUI & DWI ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 678189
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Education Law
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Legal Answers
Q. I am a civilian and have an ex boyfriend (Active Marine) who is harassing me. I have ample proof and he’s threatened
A: There isn't a lot of background information included in your post to answer your question fully. I would recommend calling an experienced attorney to discuss your concerns in more detail.

However, if your safety is at risk, your safety takes priority over someone's career and the police and court system will assist you with a restraining and/or harassment order.
Q. Landlord has video camera in bedroom catching us shower naked and is being nasty to us now. How can I win a lawsuit?
A: In my experience as a criminal defense attorney, my first suggestion would be to go to the police to report that you've been video recorded in the bedroom of the apartment you were living in. Provide them with as much proof as possible of these videos, as well as a lease/contract to show you had "ownership" and a reasonable expectation of privacy in the apartment/bedroom. The police will investigate from that point and press charges if they find your report valid.

Best of luck.
Q. MGL 215 Section 2; appoint someone to be a special process server with law enforcement powers?
A: Although I have not seen the photograph you received, and I cannot comment on the authenticity of what you received, here is what the law that you inquired about says:

M.G.L. 215, Sec. 2 outlines Superior jurisdiction; presumption:

Probate courts shall be courts of superior and general jurisdiction with reference to all cases and matters in which they have jurisdiction, and no order, judgment, decree, sentence, warrant, writ or process made, issued or pronounced by them need set out any adjudication or circumstances with greater particularity than would be required in other courts of superior and general jurisdiction, and the like presumption shall be made in favor of proceedings of the probate courts as would be made in favor of proceedings of other courts of superior and general jurisdiction.

From the limited information I have, I would say your assumptions are correct. This section of law does not give the powers for someone to be a special civil process server or law enforcement powers in Massachusetts.

That said, I would recommend seeking professional legal assistance. Feel free to give my office a call: 508-299-3965, if you would like to discuss this further.

Best of luck.
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Kristen T. Greenwood
Contact & Map
Law Office of Kristen Greenwood
349 Old Plymouth Rd
Sagamore Beach, MA 02562
Telephone: (508) 299-3965