Let the professionals at The Filis Law Firm work with you to properly plan for the life events of a loved one with a disability. Owner, Leona E. Filis, is an attorney, licensed in Texas in 2002, who is also a mother of a child diagnosed with autism. "After receiving the confirmation that my son is on the Autism Spectrum, I made many new friends with other parents of children with disabilities. Over the years we had many conversations, and I naturally focused on legal topics. It become more and more apparent that many legal documents and court filings of my friends did not address their specific needs. Standard language in Decrees and Trusts hindered instead of helped. As a mother, it frustrated me to witness the effects of these errors. Professionally, it inspired me to return to a general civil practice, but tailoring documents to truly address the needs of the clients." - Leona We can help with your Disability and Estate Planning by preparing a Special Needs Trust. Are you contemplating filing for guardianship over an adult disabled child? Should your Will be revised to address the current situation of your family? Should your Divorce Decree be modified? Do you need to apply for SSI or Medicaid Waiver Programs for your loved one? We can help you. Are you starting a new business? The Business Law division of The Filis Law Firm can assist with entity formation, reviewing contracts and leases, and drafting Operating Agreements and Employment Contracts. Find more information, visit us at www.filislaw.com or www.houstonspecialneedsattorneys.com
- South Texas College Of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Connect Session - Legal Life Planning, PPMD's 2020 End Duchenne Tour, Maggiano's Memorial City, 602 Memorial City Mall, Houston, TX 77024
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- On Saturday, January 18, PPMD's Connect South Texas and a panel of special guests will host a FREE 2-hour session packed with important information families, and support networks need to know. Special Needs Family Law & Trusts - Leona Filis, The Filis Law Firm
- Estate Planning for Parents with children with Special Needs, Van Holten Law Firm
- Come spend the evening with neighbors learning about Estate Planning.
- Discussion of Legal Issues for DMD Parents, Workshop for Duchenne Families, The T.E.A.M. Approach at 13150 FM 529, Suite 114
- Cure Duchenne Cares
- Texas State Bar # 24036561
- - Current
- North Dakota
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Sign up with ease for your initial consultation with the first 30 minutes free. Go to https://calendly.com/filislawfirm today.
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Special Needs
Filis Law Firm Government Benefits and Estate PlanningHouston Special Needs Trust Attorney 1 LeonaFilis 832 409 2889
Houston Special Needs Trust Attorney Leona Filis 832-409-2889 Looking for a Lawyer Who Understands? Meet An Experienced Houston Attorney who, like you, has a Child with Special Needs "As the parent of a...