Leta has been a Colorado licensed attorney since 2004. Leta has dedicated her legal career to providing quality legal services to her clients and helping the most vulnerable members of our society. Leta also served as a court appointed guardian ad litem for abused and neglected children for approximately eleven years.
Leta and her team were awarded with the 2010 Attorney, Guardian ad Litem of the year for the State of Colorado by the CASA organization. Leta was also awarded the 2005 Guardian ad Litem of the year award for 17th Judicial District by the CASA organization. Leta was awarded the 2015 Client's Choice award by AVVO for family law and juvenile law.
Regis University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Graduated cum laude
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctorate
Leta’s vision is to provide excellent legal services while truly making a positive difference in the lives of her clients. Leta’s work reflects true sincerity in the legal profession; furthermore, Leta has a genuine concern for the welfare of her clients. Leta has extensive experience in working with children and families in crisis.
Leta provides quality legal services tailored to fit her clients' needs. Clients are her priority. Leta’s goal is to provide quality legal services in a timely manner. Leta listens to her clients, carefully explains available legal strategies, and tries to successfully achieve her clients' goals and best interests. Leta was on the best practice committee for the 17th Judicial District from 2008 to 2014.
- Regis University
- B.S. | Business Administration
- Honors: Graduated cum laude
- University of Denver
- J.D. (2003) | Juris Doctorate
- Senior Attorney
- Leta Brandes Law, LLC
- - Current
- Ms. Brandes and Team, were awarded with the 2010 Attorney,Guardian ad Litem of the year for the State of Colorado by the CASA organization. Ms. Brandes was also awarded the 2005 Guardian ad Litem of the year award for Adams County by the CASA organization. Ms. Brandes, President of Brandes & Associates, P.C., has been on the best practice committee for the 17th Judicial District since 2008. She was on the domestic violence benchbook committee, where she wrote a substantial portion of the dependency and neglect juvenile portion of the domestic violence benchbook, which will be published in the near future by the Colorado Bar Association. Ms. Brandes' legal practice areas include the following: 1) family law; such as, dissolution of marriage, custody issues, and child support; 2) child issues; such as, guardian ad litem, juvenile delinquency, adoption, and foster parent representation; and 3) probate; such as, estate planning and guardianships. Furthermore, Ms. Brandes is licensed by the State of Colorado as a court appointed guardian ad litem for the 17th Judicial District. As a guardian ad litem, Ms. Brandes represents the best interests of abused and neglected children. Ms. Brandes has extensive experience working in child protection cases. Education: Regis University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Graduated cum laude University of Denver, Juris Doctorate Professional Associations:: Colorado Bar Association Family Bar Association National Association of Child Advocacy Historical Background: Prior to working in the legal profession, Ms. Brandes began her tenure with the City of San Jose, California in 1986. Ms. Brandes worked hard to support the renovation and promotion of downtown San Jose by working with the City of San Jose Redevelopment Agency and the Office of Cultural Affairs. In 1991, Ms. Brandes transitioned into the private sector in business administration prior to working in the legal profession. Ms. Brandes has since dedicated her career to the practice of the law and representing the best interests of children and families.
- Client's Choice award for Family and Juvenile law
- Attorney Guardian ad Litem of the Year State of Colorado
- Attorney Guardian ad Litem of the Year for 17th Judicial District
- National Counsel for Children Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar # 35568
- - Current
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa and Mastercard only
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$250.00 per hour
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Limited or Unbundled Legal Services
- Grandparent representation
- Foster Parent Representation
- Dependency and neglect cases intervenor representation