Connecticut Divorce, Family Law, and Criminal Defense attorney Matthew A. Crockett is a former Judge and former state prosecutor with extensive trial experience. He is a career litigator.
Matthew is a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and a combat veteran of the Iraq war. As a criminal prosecutor, military legal assistance attorney, military defense attorney, and military judge, Matthew has experienced and excelled in diverse roles all in the pursuit of justice.
Since joining the McConnell Family Law Group he has limited his practice to matrimonial, family law, and criminal law.
Representing clients throughout Hartford, New Britain, Windham, Tolland, New Haven, and New London areas.
- DePaul University
- MBA (1998)
- DePaul College of Law
- J.D. (1998)
- University of Iowa
- B.B.A. (1995)
- Of Counsel - McConnell Family Law Group
- U.S. Marine Corps
- Presided over felony and misdemeanor hearings and trials.
- Senior Assistant State's Attorney
- Connecticut Division of Criminal Justice
- Prosecuted Part A cases to include: homicide, child sexual exploitation, robbery, serious assaults, child abuse, home invasion, firearms, and narcotics. Dozens of cases tried to verdict before juries and judge alone trials.
- Strangulation Investigation, The Melanie Ilene Rieger Memorial Conference
- First 100 Honoree
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- U.S. Marine Corps
- New Leaders In The Law
- Connecticut Law Tribune
- Connecticut Bar Association
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Call for details
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- English: Spoken, Written