Free Consultation: (407) 412-7041Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael Ferrin

Michael Ferrin

Anderson & Ferrin Attorneys at Law PA
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Michael Ferrin has been practicing in the areas of of Domestic/Family law and Bankruptcy Law for over 14 years. Mr. Ferrin's experience has given him a unique ability to understand the difficulties one can face when confronted with the issues involved in these areas. Mr. Ferrin prides himself on treating each client as if they were family and making sure that as a client you are well informed and receive the highest level of representation. Mr. Ferrin has been a resident of Florida for over 40 years. He was born in New Orleans and raised in Key West Florida. He received his bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Florida and his law degree from Barry University School of Law. Mr. Ferrin has always had the desire to help individuals which is why he has always worked in private practice. On his path to helping individuals Mr. Ferrin had the opportunity to work for one of Central Florida's largest private bankruptcy firms. While doing so he was able to represent many individuals and small businesses in their bankruptcies some of which had debts exceeding twenty million dollars, $20,000,000. Mr. Ferrin is involved in the following organizations and affiliations: US Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida, The Florida Bar, American Bar Association, The Central Florida Bankruptcy Lawyers Association, Central Florida Family Law Inns of Court, and the Orange County Bar Association. Additionally, Mr. Ferrin is a former adjunct professor for Everest University.

Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law Logo
University of Florida
B.S. (2003) | Business
University of Florida Logo
Professional Experience
Anderson & Ferrin Attorneys at Law PA
- Current
Budgen Law
Articles & Publications
Chapter 7 Commercial Bankruptcy Strategies
Aspatore Book publication
Inside the Minds: Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies
Aspatore Book publication
Speaking Engagements
Family Law Workshop for Paralegals, Orlando, FL
Halfmoon Education Inc
Top 8 Complications in Bankruptcy, Orlando, FL
Financial Divorce Settlements From Start to Finish, Orlando, FL
Florida State Bar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Star
Orlando’s No. 1 Legal Elite
Orlando Style
Clients Choice Award
2013 Attorney Award
Pro Bono Award for 2012
Orange County Legal Aid
Professional Associations
Seminole County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    we offer payment plans
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    we offer payment plans
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I am going through a divorce and And left the house 6 months ago and the wife is being difficult not letting me in the
A: If a divorce has not yet been filed, and no orders of exclusive use and possession have been issued, you have right to go back to your house so long as you are on the lease or are on title to the property. This sort of issue is common at the beginning stages of most divorces and you must be careful not to get yourself into a domestic violence situation. You can also try and have a police officer or sheriff escort you to the home to get your items. If that doesnt work or you are not comfortable doing that, you can always file your divorce and file a motion for access to retrieve what you need from the house or you and the opposing parties' attorney can try and work it out once they are in the case.
Q. My wife filled divorce we got 3 kids
A: As stated in the prior response, you have 20 calendar days to respond to the petition once you have been properly served. We also recommend that you file a counter petition along with your answer assuming there are not personal or subject matter jurisdiction issues (same goes for filing the answer). The divorce will address the division of assets and liabilities, alimony, child support, and timesharing along with other issues pertaining to your marriage. It is highly recommended that if you have the means you should retain an attorney to assist you.
Q. Is it possible make a write agreement with my ex husband before get divorce . ,
A: There are two types of agreements that may pertain to your situation. If you do not intend to file for divorce, but are planning just in case of divorce in the future, you can enter into a post nuptial agreement to address certain issues. Post nuptial agreements are similar to prenuptial agreements in that they address marital interests and rights such as the division of assets, debts, alimony, and other issues in order to reduce or eliminate the need for litigation in the event of a future divorce. If divorce is immanent, then you may want to consider an uncontested divorce. This would involve both you and your husband entering into a marital settlement agreement to resolve the issues involved with a divorce. We would highly recommend you speak to a qualified attorney to discuss your options in greater detail.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Anderson & Ferrin, Attorneys at Law, P.A.
1115 E Livingston St
Orlando, FL 32803
Telephone: (407) 412-7041
Fax: (407) 802-2283