Michael Sudekum is a personal injury, workers compensation and business litigation attorney in St. Louis, Missouri. He represents victims of personal and economic injury in Missouri and Illinois. Together with his firm, Mandel & Mandel, LLP, Mike's efforts are directed at collecting just compensation for individuals, families and businesses. The vast majority of these cases are handled on a contingency fee basis.
Mike is a graduate of the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law and Saint Louis University. He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, a member of the American Association for Justice and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis. He participates in numerous bar activities, including the Young Lawyer Council of the Missouri Bar (2007-2009).
In 2009, 2010 and 2012, Mike was recognized as Rising Star by the Missouri and Kansas SuperLawyers. According to the Superlawyers website, “While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.”
In 2012, he was selected as Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers. Membership is by invitation only.
Currently, Mike is a member of the Top 100 for Missouri as selected by the National Trial Lawyers.
While maintaining an active law practice, Michael is also active in community organizations, such as the Chaminade College Preparatory High School Alumni Board and the St. Peter’s Kirkwood Athletic Association. As part of his commitment to pro bono legal work, Mr. Sudekum participates in the MATA/ Red Cross Disaster related legal Services task force (co-chair 2010) and the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
Michael is licensed to practice in the courts of Missouri, Illinois, the Eastern District of Missouri and the Southern District of Illinois.
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Saint Louis University
- Heartland Injury Law
- Homeowner's Policies and Missouri Law Make Recovery for Domestic Violence Victim/ Co-insured an Olympic Challenge
- University of Missouri at Kansas City Law Review
- Your First Civil Trial: What You Need to Know to Survive, Stepping Up and Stepping Out
- Rising Star
- Missouri and Kansas SuperLawyers
- 2009, 2010, 2012
- Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers
- 2012, 2013
- Top 100 for Missouri
- National Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyer
- Missouri & Kansas SuperLawyers
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Activities: Board of Governors, 2009 - present Co-Chair, ERT Cmte.
- American Association for Justice
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Misouri Bar
- Activities: Region XI Disciplinary Committee; Young Lawyer's Section Council 2007-2009
- US District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- US District Court, Sourthern District of Illinois
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- Business Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Car Accidents
- Economic Loss Claims
- General Civil
- Trucking and Auto Accidents