Free Consultation: (251) 947-6247Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman

Mr. James Parrish Coleman

  • Divorce, Family Law, Probate ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

James Parrish Coleman was born on August 23, 1955, in Jackson Mississippi. He and his wife live in Silverhill, Ala. Mr. Coleman is a 1977 graduate of Loyola University with a degree in Journalism. He worked as a newspaper reporter, operated his family's marine supply business and was a sales representative for a large manufacturer before attending law school at Birmingham School of Law, while working full time. He graduated from Birmingham School of Law in 2006 and started work as an associate at Murchison & Howard, LLC in Foley, Ala. He opened his own firm in July 2012. He is past chairman of the Baldwin County Bar Probate Committee. He is an avid cook and active volunteer for the United States Coast Guard as a legal assistance officer. His son, James Parrish Coleman III is a partner is the law firm. His daughter, Sarah F. Coleman is an associate with the firm with an office in New Orleans, La. Both James and Sarah are licensed in Louisiana.

  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Legal Answers
Q. is it illegal for me and my girlfriend to run away out of the country im 16 and she is 14. if so how much trouble would
A: The short answer is that you would be in a world of trouble. You and she are both minors, and cannot yet be emancipated -- that is seen as adults-- because of your ages. You are barely outside the limits of the age difference that would make having sex with your 14 year old girlfriend illegal. If a person who is 18 years old has sex with a person who has not turned 16 years of age -- the 18 year old is guilty of a class B felony. You and she would also be subject to the sanctions of the juvenile system if you attemted this.
Q. I got a divorce and on my divorce Decree do it have to say restored marriage name Christopher case my last name worng
A: Simple. File a motion Nunc Pro Truc (This for That) to correct the name
Q. My friends child accidentally filled her Water bottle with alchol that was in the fridge and brought it to school.
A: I think she should sit tight. If her facts are as she states, and she can convince a judge of that, she won't have a problem. What was the "clear alcohol?" If it was gin, it makes sense.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
22787 Highway 59 South
22787 Highway 59 South
Robertsdale, AL 36567
Telephone: (251) 947-6247